Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2017

Re: Sleep Timer & Alarm Clock

Given this has been a very consistent request over the past 1+ year, can we please get a more insightful answer than "I forward this request to the dev team"? 

Also, unlike other requests on here, this should be pretty straight forward and DOES NOT depend on a third party service to be resolved (e.g., Amazon Music) but depends entierly on Bose's skills and willingness. So how are we doing on these two dimensions? Should be easy to give a straightforward answer...

Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

I was planing to buy a Sound Touch no. 2. Now I won't, because of the totally ignorant lack of response on this matter.

Will the Bose company ever consider adding this uncomplicated feature? Will it ever answer?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

You could ask our product line manager directly on the AMA (ask me anything) board HERE. Mike Angelo will be answering questions, just like this, on Friday, June 9th. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Total waste of time and effort asking Bose to do anything....

Anyway there is now an alternative, there is an app available that is a sleep timer for Bose ST units and it works perfectly! 

How's that? An amateur app for a dollar has managed to do what an army of Bose engineers have been trying to do for 2 years or more...

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

So we have to ask again And again the same thing ? Can you mâke something for this support product be efficient ????
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Should be all set. Its already been posted on the board HERE

Thank you

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

I just bought 3 of SoundTouch 30s and one of SoundTouch 20, after a painful deliberation between Sonos & Bose. I must have seen the sleep timer on Sonos and assumed that Bose system can’t be so primitive not to have this basic feature. Even my £30 radio has a sleep timer & an alarm clock function. Pity I should have joined the Bose Community and picked up the debate on this thread. Now I have seen the number of user requests since 2016, it appears that Bose is too big, like what IBM used to be, and don’t listen to their loyal customers. I am now debating if I should return these units.

By the way, I come to realise why all sales people I talked to suggested that I should buy Sonos.
I sincerely hope that Bose is listening.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2015

BOSE DOESN‘T GIVE A **bleep** ABOUT US!

I‘m following the feature requests in this forum since years now and it’s 100% clear that they don‘t give a **bleep**, once you dropped the money for their product.
It’s ridiculous for how long customers have been begging them for this utterly simple feature.

You should return the units and let the retailer know why you return it.
If they don‘t listen to their end customers, maybe they listen to the sales representatives when they stop putting Bose products in the shelfes and only order Sonos.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2017

It would be very interesting - and clever - if anyone from Bose would comment on this? But probably not....

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Brent, can you please explain your rather puzzling response to this? It seems to suggest you are posting a link to a solution but this is not the case.

Regards, Keith