Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Sleep Timer & Alarm Clock

Hi Keith, 

I'd be happy to. I can totally understand your question. We ran an AMA (ask me anything) board in June where our product line manager, Mike Angelo, was going to respond directly to requests like this. It's a great question and I was trying to get it posted to the board itself to see if we could get a direct response from Mike. juphilou asked if there was a more efficient way of getting it up there so that it didn't have to be posted it again and I was referring to the fact that someone had already requested it on the board so there wasn't really a need to post it again. I hope that helps clarify. 

Unfortunately, I still don't have an update on if this is on the roadmap for a future update. Right now the only system with this functionality is our Wave SoundTouch. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Brent,

i did some searching on the forums, I found several requests for alarm/sleep timer functionality as far back as 2015. This has been on the roadmap for so long it must be a paper map rather than a modern digital one. 

Is it possible that Bose will never be able to fulfill this request? Clearly the hardware runs on some form of unix flavoured OS, why can your engineers not implement such a simple function? It can’t be the OS so it must be the app that is causing you problems. 

Open up the software, let your enthusiastic user base write the function for you. We won’t charge you.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

For those who have been following this thread, I bought 3 of SoundTouch 30s, one of SoundTouch 20 a week ago and was disappointed that they didn't have this basic functionality of a Sleep Timer & Alarm Clock. I then bought a new Wave SoundTouch because it had DAB+/FM/AM radio, plus an Alarm & Sleep timer. At £599 UK price as of today, the sound quality was very average. If I didn't know it had a Bose label, it sounded like a Bush product. 

I had terrible trouble getting the Bose SoundTouch App to locate the speakers. The whole point of my having Bose setup was so that I could have a very slick multi-room speaker experience. Far from it, my iPhone 7+ would report that it could not locate some of the speakers after they had been setup correctly. I then called the UK technical support for help. I was told that Bose system is not as good as some others when it comes to handling WiFi. I presume he was talking about Sonos. I was told I needed to buy some powerline range extenders. To cut the argument short, Bose had missed out on how to manage technical advancements in WiFi technology. 

I have returned all of my SoundTouch 30s & 20 and the Wave SoundTouch. When you are claiming to be the best of the best, Bose you need to listen to your loyal customers. I wish I had done more research on Bose forum on SoundTouch products before I wasted so much of my time. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Hi,

Any joy with the Alarm clock?  I want to wake up to a internet radio station and the lack of an alarm clock is stopping me from changing my entire house audio system from B&O to Bose.

I do not want to buy a Wave as it does not sound as good and is somewhat antiquated in its styling.

What are my options?

Cheers. Jonathan

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

Please bose can you make something for your customers ? As you Know it is nearly Christmas. .. maybe you can satisfy your sountouch customers With at least a simple alarm clock function ?

Please please wake up the dev team , many customers are only waiting for that to be satisfied

Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

Can we hope to have one Day the alarm clock function ?
Now some issues are OK .... can you bring us this feature.?

Is the development team OK ?
Please give us a great news

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

any update about the alarm function  (at least   an alarm setting on the app !)

please let us know

we are just waiting for that to be satsisfied of your product,  a alarm function associated to the clock !

please please please

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 22, 2017

Dear All,

I gave up on any response from Bose. Bose doesn't care. I returned all my three SoundTouch 30s and  a SoundTouch 20 back to John Lewis (UK departmental store).

I have now bought three Sonos Play:5s and I cannot believe how good Sonos is in comparison with Bose's offering. I admit Bose was slightly cheaper but it was a false economy. With Sonos I have Sleep Timer and Alarm Clock function which Bose cannot offer. What was even more serious was that WiFi kept on loosing some of the SoundTouch 30s. It was very frustrating. Bose technical support made me buy WiFi extenders which did not solve my problem. Not that it is important, but I did not find the support person very helpful.

With my new Sonos Play:5, all three are always visible to each other. I have not had even single instance when the Sonos App could not detect any unit. This is now almost 4 weeks.

As I have said before, Bose has grown too big and does not care about poor individual customers like us. They perhaps are good with large corporate customers who may have dedicated Bose account manager. This thread of Bose community speaks for what I am saying. There is only one Bose person who responds now and then but has no access to people in the Bose organisation. I feel sorry for him.

Good luck to those who are still reading this thread.   

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi juphilou, 

There is no new information at this time. If we hear of an update, we will let the community know. 

Hi surindersarohia, 

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2018

I add my voice to the request for a Sleeper Timer & Alarm Clock, and for listening to your customers (and doing something about their concerns). I stopped growing my Sonos system and bought Bose instead yesterday because of the Bluetooth capabilities.

It is hugely disappointing that this primary feature is missing, but even worse that requests are aging from 2015 for this feature and nothing has been done. I am thinking about returning my 4 Soundotuch speakers now as customer experience does not seem to be relevant to Bose.