Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Re: Sleep Timer & Alarm Clock

I have found that I disliked the sonos simulated surrond sound so I went with a sonos connect. I have a better sound system but still have sonos. I just use my harmony remote to shut down the system.

It is a shame that I have to use other products to controll the Bose system properly. As I have a lifesystem 650 and a bunch of sound touch speakers this works for me. But with the amount of money I have given to Bose for all these speakers you would think that I would not have to use 3rd party producks to controll it. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

I thought I'd also add my voice to wanting an Alarm wake feature. I'm a recent purchaser so I currently have the next 30 days to decide whether to return and switch to the SONOS system after here such positive comments on here about the system.

Please add the simple feature to the app. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Hi mpf541@icloud.com,

Are you saying you can connect your LifeStyle system AND your SoundTouch speakers using the Sonos Connect Amp ? I would see how it would work if it was connected with the LifeStyle but don't see how you could connect multiple SoundTouch through wi-fi ?

I have been craving SoundCloud integration forever ... If you tell me you're using Sonos App through your mutiple wireless Bose Speakers, I might just spend that 500$ for the Sonos Connect instead of hoping for features that just aren't being implemented on the Bose system... 

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I have a lifestyle 650 that I have a sonos connect. Not the amp just the sonos connect. I use it for apple music but it will work for any thing that sonos will get.  Ot is connected to the lifestyle with a optical cable. I can start that up and the use ths sonos app to control the sonos coonnect. 

With the lifestlye set on digital media player i just use the soundtouch app to add other speakers in the house.  I do have 4 other soundtoch speakers and can listen to sonos on all of them

I wish bose would realize that the customer should get what they ask for but I gave up waiting on them to do that. The bose system just sounds so much better than the sonos alone. I should not have to but 3rd party products to get what I want but if you like the bose system it is  way to go. I am really happy with the 650 for the size of the speakers. So i was willing to get the other stuf to keep me happy. But I totally agree that this should just be a included option. maybe someday it will but i have been waiting for this stuff for a while. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Thanks mpf541@icloud.com,

I just put on sale all of my ST speakers and bought a bunch of play : 1's, a play : 5, a Sonos One and a Connect to plug on my lifestyle 535. This way I'll have best of both worlds I guess. An app that supports SoundCloud and the alarm clock feature, and I'll be keeping the sound quality of my Bose home theather. 

Would have wished there was another way though ... Oh well, tired of waiting 🙂 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Hey guys! Since the admins and/or the Bose representatives don’t provide any good info this question is more for you guys. I’ve been constantly annoyed by the limited settings of my Bose systems, so I’ve been trying to keep up with news about Bose SoundTouch both here and looking for third party apps to provide me with some of my requirements..

But, it’s not a stabile and easy (as I should be) way of solving Bose’s **bleep** software. But the past weeks I’ve noticed that since AirPlay 2 is coming (prob iOS 11.x.125 (?) ) wich is soon realeased (beta for developers is already realeased)

I’ve seen that Sonos and other multiroom systems have already said they will support both for future and some backwards compability.

My question is (for the forum obviously, since nobody at Bose can provide other than robotic answers) won’t this solve nearly all our problems? Even I my st20 I won’t get AirPlay 2 support, I whorls still be able to broadcast thru another speaker?! And simple functions as alarm, won’t that be super easy to implement with simple apps then?

In short; won’t that solve most of our problems? Or am I missing something?

Piff; sorry 4 the b4d english, i tend to rage alot 😕
Robotics Engineer and automation lover 😄
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 16, 2017

Hi Piffmuff,

this is of course very much dependent upon BOSE development team being able to actually deliver an AirPlay2 implementation free from bugs and defects.

How about BOSE use this as an opportunity to set up a proper BETA testing programme? I'm not expecting you to release code to end users before you do a degree of testing, but surely it would be a good idea that once you get to RC (Release Candidate) stage of development you deploy to a group of willing volunteers who will be prepared for glitches and upsets, and actually help the end user experience and reduce the overall number of complaints.

I used to be a Beta tester for SONOS before I made the jump to BOSE.

Regards, Keith

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Thank you for the reply. And yes, that’s true, but let’s assume they implement it perfectly. Wouldn’t that nearly solve it?

And I agree, I would set myself up as an beta tester to help.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

You are assuming that this is actually going to be implemented. Once upon a time Apple Music was going to be included. That never happened. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Well, first off I assume that they actually have to since both Sonos and B&O allready have confirmed they will implement it to their systems. Secondly I presume it will be pretty easy technically since Frontier SmartSDK also are implementing airplay 2. So by my little understanding about technology I whould nearly say it’s impossible for Bose to not go with AirPlay 2. This whould be equal to company suicide for their sound systems. But yeah, stranger things has happened, like Bose actually reaponding to these topics 😄