Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Re: Sleep Timer & Alarm Clock

Yes, in a similar issue, I am very, very annoyed that my QC35 ii do not feature a Bluetooth alarm. It's "Stupid". On the train, set your music, fall asleep, but no alarm option unless you go wired etc which defeats the object, as going wired, prevents you using all the app features and so on.

Can't you have a feature that allows either wired and use of apps, as well as creating perhaps a Bose alarm in the Bose connect app? Seems like obvious product features to me.. I feel a bit ripped off considering the premium price of the product and would look to cheaper wired products next time
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2018

Has there been any news on adding the much needed and very useful alram clock feature on the st10. I got very excited about this product after purchase but grew disappointed after installing it in my room and realizing that i cant usr it for the sole purpose i purchased it for. I would appreciate a follow up on this if there will be an addition. Thank you
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

This feature has been promised for close to two years now and has still not materialised. You can draw your own conclusions - I wouldn't hold your breath... 🙂

Perhaps Alexa might be able to set up an alarm/sleep via the Bose? If not then Alexa will do what you need by itself without using the Bose ST...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Given up with Bose and got a Sonos play 1. Better sound and has a very reliable and easy to use alarm timer.
The sound wipes the floor with the equivalent Bose speaker. 100% happy.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Does the moderators have any news or info by now? 

Piff; sorry 4 the b4d english, i tend to rage alot 😕
Robotics Engineer and automation lover 😄
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Not gonna happen, must be too difficult for the Bose Software Team to figure out

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2018

Hi, Is there anyone from Bose who can give an honest answer why you don't implement this feature?

After looking to the intro movie from Bose (Btw, remarkably candid) this attidude doesn't seem to line up with you're original philosophy.

Think out of the box again.

a Struggling Bose fan 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2017

Any news from Bose point of view?

Waiting for wake-up (alarm) function.... from a lot part of the world

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi gandalfrm,

Thanks for the post.  There is currently no built in function for an Alarm or Sleep Timer, and I don't know of any plans for this to be added.  

If you would like, you could use an Alexa device (like an Echo Dot) and use the Alexa alarm, along with voice commands to control your Bose system.

If there are any changes to this information, I'll make sure to update the thread.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

Gee we spend a lot of $ on Bose products. Its really is nice when the tell us to go buy an Alexa device to controll it. Amazon will be really happy with you. To bad you customers are not so happy.

But on the bright side Amazon devices are starting to sound a lot better. Won't be long before they also are taking you cusomers away.