Highlighted
xspottyx
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2015

Sleep Timer and Alarm

Hey Bose Product Managers,
By now I have bought 4 SoundTouch devices (2x30, 1x20, 1x10)
The only reason I just went and bought a Sonos Speaker is the fact that it has a Sleep Timer and can be used as an Alarm Clock.
Will we ever see those simple but helpful features implemented?
Please?!?!
71 REPLIES 71
Highlighted
Keene
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2016

Re: Sleep Timer and Alarm

PLEASE!!!! WE NEED A SLEEP TIMER!!! For $499 you would think they would figure out a way to include this! Even on an app update!!!
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Bob_Dick, 

I will pass this on to our development team here. Currently, the only SoundTouch system we have that has a sleep timer is the Wave SoundTouch. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
mikewheaton
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 1, 2017

I've been waiting for this feature to be added to the SoundTouch app for months. Fingers crossed that they're working on it. In the meantime, I found an iOS app that does the trick: https://itunes.apple.com/app/my-controller-for-bose-soundtouch/id824226524?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Highlighted
DaisyD
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Can I add my request to this. Please please a sleep timer and alarm. I have to use an old alarm radio in my bedroom.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi mikewheaton, 

That's great - thank you for the share. 

DaisyD - I will certainly pass on your feedback as well. 

Thank you 

Highlighted
Jmlta
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 5, 2017

I would like to add my request for this as well. I bought a Sonos Play for this very reason. I'd love to be able to sell or return the Sonos and just add to my Bose family if this feature existed. This request has been made numerous times in this forum over the past two years. I really hope this is something that you are taking seriously and working on. At the price we pay for the product it is ridiculous to need to use a second app to do something Sonos figured out to do and integrate a long time ago. The delays on these types of function requests really make me question my loyalty. Maybe I should sell off my three soundtouch speakers and buy all Sonos. Clearly they are a company that understands what their users want and need more than Bose.
Highlighted
Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

WHY ON EARTH IS THERE NO SLEEP FUNCTION? I have invested close to $500 in a SoundTouch10 system with TWO speakers, and assumed that such basic functionality would be a given. IMMENSELY DISAPPOINTED to find that the SoundTouch app lacks this essential feature. 

Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Unfortunately no Android version 😞

But gee, if a tiny independent developer can add Sleep functionality to Bose systems via his own 3rd party app, you'd think it wouldn't be too difficult for Bose to add this functionality...

Highlighted
Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

3rd party Android app that provides Sleep Timer and Alarm!

Phew - I found an Android app that does it: "TimerApp for Bose SoundTouch" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.grundid.timercontroller

Crisis averted!