csm55
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2016

Re: Sleep Timer and Alarm

It should be very clear to all that Bose has no intention to or is incapable of adding a sleep timer to their App. This has been a long standing request from numerous customers over a significant amount of time. Instead, Bose responds to all requests for the feature without directly answering the question and stating it will be passed along. What a bunch of completely disingenuous crap. Clearly folks, this feature ain't gonna happen!

As a long time Bose customer, I find the company's lack of honesty and concern no longer worthy of my financial support as a consumer. Accordingly, I have given away all my Soundtouch devices to family and friends and purchased multiple Sonos devices that I now believe to be far superior units. Amazingly, their App has a "Sleep Timer" feature. Apparently, Sonos figured it out. My only regret is that my Bose loyalty prevented me from investing in Sonos products when I decided I needed to go Wireless. That little error in judgement cost a lot of money. Never again Bose!
Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Well written, csm55! Since there is at least one 3rd party Android developer, and at least one 3rd party iOS developer, who have both independently made apps that replace the inadequate Bose SoundTouch app, and which DO have Sleep functionality... I think we can assume that the app developers at Bose aren't necessarily 'incapable' of adding such basic functionality... unless Bose only employ school students? Nah, hang on - even a student could add Sleep functionality, I'm sure!

No, I think the truth was (perhaps inadvertently) explained earlier on in this thread by Brent_B (Moderator) who said "the only SoundTouch system we have that has a sleep timer is the Wave SoundTouch."

Clearly Bose are reserving such decadently luxurious functionality as a Sleep timer exclusively for their much more hoity-toity Wave SoundTouch customers! While us plebs who can only afford the trashy end of the range are relegated to reaching over to switch off the **bleep** thing ourselves!
heiko.mangold
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

The main use case for an alarm is obviously the bedroom. A soundtouch wave is rather designed for the living room. A soundtouch 10 is the ideally suited device for the bedroom. Hence adding an alarm to soundtouch 10 is a straightforward product feature decision. Dear Bose Product Manager: Do you agree?
BertG3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Hello,

I'm searching for an internet radio/Spotify/UPNP device for in the bedroom. Of course I want to wake up with some music. As a life-time Bose customer I'd like to take the Soundtouch 10 or Soundtouch 20. Otherwise I need to buy a Sonos but my whole house is equipped with Bose and I like the sound (lifestyle, quietcomfort, 201, acoustimass,...)

Is there any update planned to add the alarm clock functionallity ?

Thanks for your answer,

BertG3

Highlighted

Hi there,

Thanks for the question.  I don't know of any plans to update the SoundTouch ecosystem with an alarm clock, but I will pass this request up to the software engineering team.

Thanks,

Brandon

make74
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 17, 2017

I just got my new Bose system (one Soundtouch 30 and three soundtouch 10) and was hugely disappointed the app does not have wake up function implemented. For a system this price and from Bose, I totally assumed it would have it. I like to wake up with music, it was one of the main reasons to get the multiroom system.

So just sent it back and I will go for the Sonos, I have seen that they do have this function.

Bose, you just lost a customer (after reading this thread, several customers) for an issue that looks really no big deal to implement, at least for a company with your resources. Wake up.

juphilou
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

I dont Want to pay 5€ for That app. Its not integrated in the bose app. When CAN we have this simple wake up alarm feature for the soundtouch 20 ?
Please
Kevinsilva
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2017

My Sonos system has a sleep timer. I can't believe Bose refused this simple addition. This is how Blackberry died a slow death by not being competitive. Frustrating to loyal customers.
juphilou
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

We hope that Bose team wake up and bring us this basic alarm setting function in the app ... Please it s nearly Christmas time. Make your loyal customer happy please please please ... its seams so easy to make us satisfied ...

tompmurrell
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2017

Bose SoundTouch 100% needs an alarm please. The app updated a couple of years ago with a clock, why not an alarm/sleep timer function?