Highlighted
juphilou
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

Re: Sleep Timer and Alarm

please please please please Bose Team wake up ... we need this simple alarm function. can you listen ?  please please please please please

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi, 

I just wanted to reaffirm @Brandon_M and say that we have passed this suggestion along to our engineers for future development.

Tony

Highlighted
Kevinsilva
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 22, 2017

So Bose has consistently over the year replied with with the same non answer " will pass the suggestion on to engineers " when asked to supply a sleep timer on the Soundtouch app. Unfortunately that qualifies as a " non answer" to repeated requests on the same topic since it was first posted in 2016. Further Bose knows the value if a sleep timer as it was built into my first wave Bose product nearly a decade before. Why are we being put off for years (s) on this simple feature which Bose previously provided and Sonos now provides?
Highlighted
csm55
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2016

Exactly why I got rid of all my Soundtouch equipment and purchased multiple Sonos devices and subwoofers.    Clearly, Bose is dishonest and indifferent to the needs of their customers.  Accordingly, based on my Soundtouch experience coupled with their lack of honesty and/or concern, I will never purchase another Bose product in my lifetime.  BTW Bose, the sleep timer and bass and treble controls on my Sonos App work perfectly with my Sonos hardware!  

Highlighted
juphilou
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

I hope that the bose maketing team can lead the features he wants to bring to bose customers.... if the marketing team says OK let's develop the alarm feature i am sure that developers Will do It ....

Please product manager make us happy !
Highlighted
Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

No, the constant assurances that "it has been passed along to the engineers" are obviously hollow, and are quickly wearing thin. It seems a decision was made long ago that only SoundTouch Wave devices will ever have this feature. Apparently those of us who were too 'cheap' to have shelled out the extra $$ for a Wave device have been deliberately sidelined by Bose as some sort of cynical move to punish us.

Highlighted
juphilou
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 2, 2016

We are waiting for Bose answer . Let's see what is going to be the Bose answer . .... i hope that the marketing team has the lead on the product and Will satisfy their loyal customer. ... délivering us the this missing alarm feature ....
Wait pray and see 😊
Highlighted
Lostify
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Sometimes I'm wondering if Sonos and Bose aren't the same company, because a see so much people leaving bose for those little detail such as alarm clocks and sleep timer, and it doesn't seem they care about !
In fact, I'm hesitating a lot between the two brands at a point where details make the difference... And when I see that in two years of begging them, nothing happens... It's a pity...
Even though, I must admit that you guys have done a very big step ahead with the big update you did this year. Which is really good ! I would just suggest now to be more open to the critics of customers, because after all, that's how you make the difference ! 🙂

So let's us know if there is any news !
(actually within the two next days would be perfect so that I make my choice for Christmas) 😛

Best regards.
Dorian
Sonic_the_racoon
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 1, 2017

Dorian, "within the two next days would be perfect so that I make my choice for Christmas"
That brought a smile to my Bose-hardened lips - it would be a Christmas miracle!
Highlighted
Rock Dancing
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

I have one of the original version 1 ST systems. I have seen customers requesting this feature repeatedly and passionately on the Bose forums over the past 5 years. It's something I want too. Bose has made tons of improvements in the time I've owned it: more music services, skipping the step of plugging new systems into a pc to setup, a far better app, bluetooth, aux rebroadcast, Alexa. These are sweeping changes, and some took over a year to develop. Considering this history, I believe that this feature is never going to happen. Despite this recurring complaint, Bose has managed to sell plenty of systems without it . I guess it's not worth their development resources for this particular request.