lcdopizarro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Re: Smart Home series - seriously, seriously Bose!?

@Joel_D are SoundTouch users going to have acces to new speakers design. Why don’t we have an alternative similar to the new speakers and sound bars released?

Are you planning in providing an accesory that could make old SoundTouch products compatible (even with limited features) with the new SH line?
Community Manager

Hi lcdopizarro

Thanks for writing in!  

Because the systems belong to two different ecosystems entirely there are no plans on integrating the two product lines.  Also we haven't heard any news about new SoundTouch products, but if we do, we will definitely update the Community.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A

lcdopizarro
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

@Tony_A this is very unfortunate can you communicate to product development that we want a solution even if it is paying a premium to integrate our products?
kwolton
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

I absolutely agree, I feel that Bose just want to sweep the SoundTouch product under the carpet and forget it ever happened. They do make great speakers but I feel their developement team have seriously let them down with SoundTouch. I have no doubt they could make them compatable if they wanted to, but because of repeated delays in new features coming to SoundTouch and inherent problems with the platform they would rather discontinue it and move on. Shame for all of us that have recently spent thousands on SoundTouch knowing it’s a dying breed!
adolfob
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 16, 2014

I have been supporting Soundotuch since it was launched and, after buying 5 devices for different rooms, I can't believe that they are now outdated! I have even convinced many people to buy Bose instead of Sonos.

Sonos didn't do this when they introduced its new smart speaker with voice capabilities. This new speaker is obviously compatible with even the oldest ones. I would have expected the same for Bose. They say that it is because is a new platform.

I hope Bose will do something to make Soundtouch speakers able to update to this new "system". Just as Sonos did!

What guarantee will new customers receive when buying a (very expensive) product from a brand that says that it can give software updates and have demonstrated that after a (very) very it launches a new platform making the other outdated? Completely disappointed. 

Thank you.

kwolton
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

I absolutely agree. Doesn’t bode well for the future. I have been toying with the idea of buying Sonos with the Black Friday deals and putting my nose on eBay. Sickened by their decision!
Highlighted
Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Engineering led technology rather than user/consumer led.

It's unforunate they can't technically find a way to  abstract the software from the hardware and provide new features - or feature toggles - across platforms.  Software OS's have been doing this for years - providing backward compatability while supporting new hardware features.