Highlighted
DavidKovanen
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Re: So frustrated with SoundTouch "No WiFi" error screens

Bose stated on Wednesday AM:

"I will have a technical supervisor reach out to you by phone between 1 and 5pm EST. I spoke to them on the experience that you have had previously, we will not drop the ball on this."

Bose never called. I emailed back and mentioned that nobody called, and that I continue to be available. I get no response from anybody.

As far as I can tell, Bose dropped the ball on this. (To use their own words.)

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Norbert

I apologize about the experiences you have been having, and this is not intentional.  Can you please provide the make/model of the router and any access points in the home?  Also which SoundTouch products do you have? 

Please let us know so we can help!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Tannabata
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

Norbert, I work for a retailer who sells Bose and my approach has been to warn anyone wanting multiroom audio away from the SoundTouch products. My colleagues are doing the same as we’ve recieved too many complaints and returns to make selling them worth our time
Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

I use SoundTouch 30 and SoundTouch 130. Router D-Link AC750DualBand. Previously it was TP Link 2,4. 

Doesn’t matter what type of configuration I have, problem still exist. 

But if I connect ST130 via Ethernet, then works fine. But I want WiFi connection because it was trigger to buy this speaker.

And please don’t give me any of this fantastic advices like reboot, reinstall etc. I am working as IT engineer so any kind of that suggestions makes me crazy. 

Please do something or maybe you should consider to give us a money back. I wouldn’t buy Bose system if knew how it works (frankly speaking not work).

I am waiting for structural solution of this issue or behave honor and admite that you selling products with fake features. 

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Great to hear. Tr6 to protect as many clients  as possible. Nowadays nobody deserves to be cheated this way as we were by Bose. Keep going 💪🏻

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

I use SoundTouch 30 and SoundTouch 130. Router D-Link AC750DualBand. Previously it was TP Link 2,4. 

Doesn’t matter what type of configuration I have, problem still exist. 

But if I connect ST130 via Ethernet, then works fine. But I want WiFi connection because it was trigger to buy this speaker.

And please don’t give me any of this fantastic advices like reboot, reinstall etc. I am working as IT engineer so any kind of that suggestions makes me crazy. 

Please do something or maybe you should consider to give us a money back. I wouldn’t buy Bose system if knew how it works (frankly speaking not work).

I am waiting for structural solution of this issue or behave honor and admite that you selling products with fake feature

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Norbert

I understand your frustrations, and won't have you unplugging power cords at this point.  Can you login into your D-link router and disable the firewall and attempt the connections again?

Thank you,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Tony, of course I can. My previous router Tp link, didn’t use any firewall and Bose didn’t work.

I did it what you ask. No result.

Question to you from my side. Do Bose speakers need internet connection to connect locally with my IPhone? I don’t think so. If you agree, so why you asking me for something like this if we know that firewall on ADSL router concerning only external (means internet). Internal communication inside my WiFi network if it is local, don’t use firewall settings.

Do you agree?

Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for testing this.  In order to setup the systems, it does have to reach out to our servers to be able to setup and use the speakers with the SoundTouch app.  Does this issue happen on a different mobile device or computer with the app?  This is certainly a strange issue as it works fine while hardwired with ethernet.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

It happens for every kind of mobile devices I have tried to use.

btw

I am wondering why Bose app need to contact with Bose servers? Is Bose app using for something else than connect my mobile device with my speaker inside my private network? What we users should know about this strange connection?