Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: So frustrated with SoundTouch "No WiFi" error screens

Hello David,

Thank you for the response. Please check your DM for further information.

Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi QuilpieGuy,

Thank you for the update with your router information. Is there a chance you might have a desktop or laptop that you can test the SoundTouch application on and see if the same issue occurs?

Let us know.

Regards,

Joel 

Highlighted
DavidKovanen
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Yes. Several laptops and desktops. The problem happens, but with a frequency decreased by perhaps 90%. That is, very rarely.

So the primary problem is the IOS app (on iPhone and iPad.)
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello David,

Thank you for the response. I am asking these questions directed towards QuilpieGuy for more information. I have sent you a direct message this morning about getting your issue resolved. 

Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
David Moore
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

Hmm, the app error means that the Soundtouch app cannot find Soundtouch devices not that the app cannot connect to the Wifi.

From the description you have a mesh network which will confuse Soubdtouch devices that may try to have trouble deciding which access point to use as the signals alter all of the time and switching occurs if signal strength and speed drops too much fir the currentky used AP. Of course the status page does not show the mac address of the access point in use at the time shich would prove this.

Assuming you are not using Soundtouch 10s, connect each one to its closest ap via ethernet (cat 5 will do). As you said Soundtouch is for typical home use.

Highlighted
DavidKovanen
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

Let me see if I understand what you are saying...

Because I have multiple Access Points to provide full coverage throughout my home and property Bose products will not work, because, well, people who buy $4,000 Lifdestyle Sound Touch systems don't usually have large homes.

While every other application and device works on homes with multiple access points, Bose is different, and in this case "different" means that they really haven't designed their products with robustness or to work under typical wireless configurations.

If I want to use my $10,000 in Bose equipment, I should choose one corner of my home, install a single Access Point there, and only operate the Bose gear from that one corner. I should refrain from using the internet in other parts of my home, and should not even provide WiFi coverage there.

Never mind that multicasting works with all other products in my home, Bose is "different", and again, by "different" it is meant "not designed for any home with multiple Access Points".

Have I accurately summarized what you have said?

-----

Less saterically,

I have 9 Access Points throughout my estate. There are seven switches, one for each building. I have 10 Bose products. Everything is high end, gigabit speed, with strong signal. It's Unifi by Ubiquity, which is commercial grade stuff.

The Unifi hardware is very graceful in how it hands clients off from one access point to another. The access points talk to each other, and the entire network is informed of any handoffs and all switches have their routing tables updated when a handoff occurs.

And, Bose is doing something quite anomalous so that their products don't work with multiple access points.

This, still, doesn't quite make sense. I can be on an access point that a Bose device is connected wirelessly to and I still can't use Bose SoundTouch on that device or any other. The IOS app just fails to work about 50% of the time. I know I am connected to the same access point because the Unifi Management console shows in real-time what devices are connected where.

And, setting all of that aside, if Bose IOS app was reasonably designed, it wouldn't tell me I have no WiFi on the very same screen that shows 5 bars of WiFi coverage. (See photo at the top of this thread.)

I am not the only one having this problem.

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Hi guys,

I am struggling with the same issue for already 2 years. Spent for SoundTouch eco system almost 4000$. I can connect to my speakers via SoundTouch App on iOS.

I am sick of advices given by Bose support. In the meantime I have changed my mobile devices, my router (normal LCM, not because Bose suggests it).

I can’t be like that, that we spent thousands dollars for nothing. My plan is to create antiBose Facebook and Twitter profiles, to warn others to not buy any SoundTouch systems, because they simply don’t work. It is wasting a money. They leave you alone with your problem and that’s is.

I am sick of them.

Please join me, maybe this way we can change their approach.

Highlighted
QuilpieGuy
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

@Joel_D

Yes I do have a desktop but I won't be reinstalling the SoundTouch app on it. See this post for the reason.

So no I'm not interested in doing anymore testing. If that means you can't help me further so be it.

Highlighted
AmbuTom
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

I posted kind of same problem on this community.

My situation: 1 router with 2.4 and 5 ghz ap
On second floor only 2.4 ap. I disabled the 5 ghz ap on the 2nd floor.
ST system is supposed only to be connected with the 5ghz ssid but sometime no wifi or weak signal. But when i meassured the strength of the signal 5ghz at the place of my st300 ii is almost maximum. There must be something wrong with the bose system. But no really great help from bose.

This forum is full with mentioned Connection problems. For a Multiroom system it shouldnt happen this much
Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

And what now?

Any comments from Bose team? 

Wake up people!!!!!

You took from us hundreds thousands of dollars and what? Speakers we bought are simple crap. 

What is your proposition?