Dwenson
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2017

Software 15.10.3 Update not Visible on SoundTouch App or Manual Download for SoundTouch 30

There was an announcement that the latest software is 15.10.3 (as of June 23, 2017) from SoundTouch Updates. Usually, Soundtouch app detects the latest version and update the speaker automatically. Right now I still have version 14.0.33.

I tried reinstalling the Soundtouch app on both my iPhone and iPad to download the latest app then force the app to reconnect/check the speaker but still does not indicate that there's new software.

I also tried downloading the latest update manually and use USB to update the software of the speakear. The file does not indicate the actual software version but just have a Update.stu filename. After successully installing the assumed latest downloaded software and checking the version, it is still 14.0.33.

Why aren't we able to download and install software version 15.10.3 as of June 30, 2017?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Software 15.10.3 Update not Visible on SoundTouch App or Manual Download for SoundTouch 30

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dwenson

You should pay more attention to the announcements in this sub forum.

Screenshot_20170630-181539.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MykelNeiD
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Software 15.10.3 Update not Visible on SoundTouch App or Manual Download for SoundTouch 30

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dwenson

You should pay more attention to the announcements in this sub forum.

Screenshot_20170630-181539.jpg

View solution in original post

Dwenson
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 29, 2017

Thank you.. they should put this release postponement note at the top of the Software Updates Release Notes site and not just on community/forum pages. Not everyone look for updates on forums since not all post are official.

Highlighted
AB81
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2017

Hi

You are lucky that 15.10.3 is still not availbale at your location. I have Bose Lifestyle 650 and 15.10.3 version bricked my system. The update was released on 23rd June 2017. My system was updated in 24th June and started have some minor issues with HDMI CEC stability while swithcing source. Then starting 1 July system updated itself few more times and finally got into unrecoverable update loop (Start Up > Update > Shut down >Restart > Update >...) for 48 hours on 4 July 2017. The loop did not allow for manual intervention. I tried swtiching off the system and unpluging it for few hours but when restarted it again went to update loop. Disconnecting netowr did not help either. In fact it did not even allow me to update using USB drive as it shut me out of Unify Setup. Also it locked out control button and did not allow for factory reset as well.

Finally they Bose changed the console which is currently on Version 13 and have asked me not to update it for as long as possible. 

Regards

Ashish