Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

Software 15.10.3

Firstly a nice suprise yesterday to get the update prompt in the app, was very excited to see what goodies were instore.

So completed in no time, updated two Soundtouch 300's, one complete setup, one just the soundbar and one Soundtouch 10 as my other one wasn't plugged in at the time.

When my living room 300 switched back on it also prompted my Sony Blu ray to come on a the same time (the player is connected via the HDMI pass through) didn't think anything of it at the time so more on that later.

When the sound came back on I noticed the sound stage had changed quite abit for me to the point that I had to check the Bass Module was still on as it didn't seem like any bass was coming out of it compared to 20 minutes ago. When I set the bar up originally I used the Adapt iQ and didn't need to adjust the bass as it was more than enough meaning it has always been on default.

Interestingly the lack of bass was only apparent when I was using my SKY HD UK box, if I play any music via Bluetooth or off my NAS drive everything is sounding super nice. I haven't had a chance to check what the sound is like via my Blu ray to see if its just a change with how the sound codecs are handled via HDMI ARC/ Pass through.

Now when I swicthed everything off and came back again later again the bar prompted my Sony Blu ray to come on again on power up, this caused my Sony TV to have a small HDMI switching fit, now luckly (Greedly 🙂 ) I have nearly the exact same setup in my bedroom minus the Bass Module and Rear Speakers, the tv is a smaller version and the Blu ray is a newer model to my main one. Now when I power everything the same issue of powering up the Blu ray that occurs with my main setup is present too.

To get over this issue to just moved both Blu ray HDMI's to spare slots on the tvs, the interesting bit for me is if i change setting of "Direct sound" from connected HDMI to "Off" it changes the sound back to more bass on my main set.

If I am honest I can't truely say that this is really the case but it certainly seems like, I will say that the soundstage is definlty wider and some of the more subtle sounds are definitly clearer, I haven't tried to re-run Adapt iQ to see if the bass returns properly.

I'm not too fussed as there are more important things to worry about in life like my young family, also I know Bose will eventually sort out any issues to which I have patients for, but it would be interesting to see other peoples experiences though.

But I am not interested in DON'T BUY BOSE so please take that else where, genuine users comments welcomed.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: Software 15.10.3

Hmm, interessting - i wonder where the official announcement is at. i think i might wait until i see the change log

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2017

I believe the update reset the HDMI CEC setting in the app to "default on" which would explain the blu ray player automatically turning on. Just set the CEC setting to off or "alternate on"
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

For me the setting has always been on "Default On", I played with the settings and even on "Alternate On" same problem. I know "Off" would fix it but as I have never had any previous issues with the original settings and the fact that I have gotten used to the benefits that HDMI CEC brings. For now I will leave the Blu ray connected straight to the tv until I am aware of a fix.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion though.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi FullOn, 

Thank you for the post. Please try and run ADAPTiQ again and see if this corrects the sound issue you are having.  Also, can you try to unplug your TV, Blu-ray player, and soundbar to see if this stops the Blu-ray player from auto powering on? Please keep us posted if the reset doesn't change this. We'll want to get the model number of your Blu-ray player so we can escalate this issue up.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

Hi @Brent_B

The two Sony Blu-rays are BDP-S760 & BDP-S5200, neither are the latest models and they both haven't had any software updates for ages.

It's only this new software release that has ever caused me any issues, like I said I'm not too fussed as I can leave the players connected direct to my tvs until a solution is sorted.

Thanks for your response.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Thank you for the clarification. I have escalated this up on my end.