Highlighted
tblack
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Some of the songs in my itunes playlists are not appearing in the playlists in the Soundtouch app

I have added my itunes music library to Soundtouch but lots of random tracks just aren't appearing, and some of the ones that do appear don't play - the app just skips over them and goes to the next track.

I presume there is a solution to this?

Tom

4 REPLIES 4
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Some of the songs in my itunes playlists are not appearing in the playlists in the Soundtouch...

Hello Tom, 

Thank you for reaching out to the community! I will do what I can to help! 

I'm sorry to read that your Music library is skipping certain songs! I hope that we can find the cause of this issue and be able to restore your library to full availability.

It could be that certain tracks are using unsupported file formats that aren't compatible with the Soundtouch app. The Supported File formats that Soundtouch can use are as follows: 
MP3, AAC, M4A, WMA, OGG and FLAC. 

If you check these with your Music Library to see if the songs that aren't able to play are using other file formats. 

Let me know how this goes. 

Enjoy the rest of your day! 
Liam - Community Support.

tblack
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

Re: Some of the songs in my itunes playlists are not appearing in the playlists in the Soundtouch...

All the missing tracks are standard AAC audio files.
Mostly downloaded from Apple Music.
There are 100s missing!
tblack
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

I'm having real trouble replying!

There are 100s of missing tracks and they are all standard AAC audio files, mostly from Apple music.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Tom, 

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry that you are still having issues. 

Because you have mentioned that the missing songs are from Apple Music, I can inform you that the Soundtouch app is unable to play songs from Apple Music
Apple Music use copyright protected files on each song and these are unable to be read by the Soundtouch app. 

Depending on the system you can connect your device to your speaker either via Bluetooth or Aux cable, that way you can still play your songs to your speaker. 

I'm sorry that this can be an inconvenience for you however as this issue is due to the way Apple licence their songs on Apple Music, there is no direct solution. 

If you do have any other questions or queries please do drop a message into this thread. 

Many Thanks
Liam - Community Support