MikeDVI
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Something I noticed when multiple apps were open tonight

Hi all, just posting another observation in the continuing quest to get the "play all" moving forward. 

Started my system tonight via iPhone, (worked fine and found all speakers); and as usual my PC only showed a few speakers, so I could only control those (from the PC) that were showing connected. The rest showed offline on the PC, and connected on the iPhone.

But, when I changed stations on the PC, with the partial connections, ALL speakers changed stations. Still could not control volume via sliders as again those still showed dark and "offline". 

Additionally, after playing with this for about 10 minutes, viola, all the speakers eventually came up on the PC.

Please don't flame me, I know many feel that this should work flawlessly every time right out of the box and all that, and I am as frustrated as anyone, but I want to post observations to help folks that may be interested, and share work-arounds that may help others or help mods get to the bottom of this.

Thanks

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
gtext
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2017

Re: Something I noticed when multiple apps were open tonight

Seeing exactly the same thing Mike.

The app is on my iPhone iPad Mac laptop and Mac desktop.

On regular occasions an some apps will see speakers while others won't.

Sometimes closing and reopening fixes it. 

For example in one room I have two Soundtouch 10's setup as a stereo pair. All the apps on the various devices show that except the desktop. Even though their working it shows both speakers with the right one dulled out saying not available and off line. Nothing short of reinstalling the app has worked.

The apps in general when on multiple devices seem to recognise each other very poorly. 

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi MikeDVI,

This sounds like an unusual issue that is happening. What version of Windows do you have on your computer? Is it a laptop or desktop and is connected Wi-Fi or Ethernet? Have you tried rebooting the computer when this occurs?

Let me know the results from testing.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello gtext,

If you could provide me the same information that I requested above from MikeDVI, as well include the Mac OS version please.

Thank you,

Joel - Bose Support

MikeDVI
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2017

Hi Joel, system is WIN-10 on laptop / WIFI. Rebooting does not help, however when I uninstall / reinstall the software on the laptop it works fine, then over a few days starts failing again as described.

What is very weird is how the speakers show offline, the sliders do nothing, but when I change to another music "station" such as  Pandora - flip from a rock to jazz station, or to another source altogether, IE from Pandora to internet radio, the "offline" speakers change channels with the system also, but still unable to adjust volumes as they are greyed out.

Anyway, I have a bunch of threads going about connectivity, routers, factory resets, all that -- and have been helped out alot by mods, this post was more FYI when I noted the "offline" speakers apparently working to a point.

My iphone app seems to be working pretty good since the recent update though! 🙂

Thanks again!

Mike 

@Joel_D wrote:

Hi MikeDVI,

This sounds like an unusual issue that is happening. What version of Windows do you have on your computer? Is it a laptop or desktop and is connected Wi-Fi or Ethernet? Have you tried rebooting the computer when this occurs?

Let me know the results from testing.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi MikeDVI,

Thank you for all the detailed information. That is great to hear your iPhone app is working well after the update! I can explain about changing the source during having the systems in Play All mode. Once you initiate Play All from any app in the house, if you change the station no matter on what system, all of them will follow that request even if they are not all detected in one of the apps. You can also make this happen by pressing any of the physical presets on the systems.

The next time the detection occurs on your computer, I would like you to gather both system and application logs so I can escalate this to engineering. Can you provide me the make and model of your router as well?

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support