Highlighted
SingingEyeTie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 20, 2016

Songs, Artists in Presets

How many songs or artists can you store in a single preset?
I am planning store my audio files as FLACs. Will I be able to use the sound touch app on an iPad to select music or must I use a PC tablet?
When I travel I plan to carry a Soundtouch 10 and my Seagate HD. Since I don't want to use the local wifi in this scenario, can I plug the HD in the speaker and use the Soundtouch app to manage my music?
thanks all
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Songs, Artists in Presets

Author Accepted Answer selected by SingingEyeTie
Hello 1SingingEyeTie,
The SoundTouch systems do support FLAC up to (16 bit/44.1 kHz). Having said that in order to access the FLAC files you would be able to do so four different ways:

1. If you store the FLAC files on the iPad you would be able to connect the iPad to the system via Bluetooth and stream the audio directly to the speaker, without the need of a network connection or a dedicated computer. You would still need to have access to a program which supports FLAC playback on the iPad to do so. This seems like the ideal option for you from what you have described above.
  2. The SoundTouch 10 also has a 3.5mm audio jack. If you store the FLAC files on the iPad as described above, you can also connect the device to the SoundTouch system via a physical audio cable.
  3. If you store the FLAC files on a desktop or laptop you can add the local music library into the SoundTouch application by choosing the "ADD MUSIC" option in the explore panel. The caveat here would be that the computer would need to be powered on and connected to a network in order for you to play that content to the SoundTouch speaker.
  4. If you have a NAS drive connected to the same network as the SoundTouch system, you will be able to access any supported FLAC files through the SoundTouch application after adding the NAS drive as a source by choosing the "ADD MUSIC" option in the explore panel. This would also require a network connection to be able to play the content this way.

Let us know if that helps clear things up. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Songs, Artists in Presets

Author Accepted Answer selected by SingingEyeTie
Hello 1SingingEyeTie,
The SoundTouch systems do support FLAC up to (16 bit/44.1 kHz). Having said that in order to access the FLAC files you would be able to do so four different ways:

1. If you store the FLAC files on the iPad you would be able to connect the iPad to the system via Bluetooth and stream the audio directly to the speaker, without the need of a network connection or a dedicated computer. You would still need to have access to a program which supports FLAC playback on the iPad to do so. This seems like the ideal option for you from what you have described above.
  2. The SoundTouch 10 also has a 3.5mm audio jack. If you store the FLAC files on the iPad as described above, you can also connect the device to the SoundTouch system via a physical audio cable.
  3. If you store the FLAC files on a desktop or laptop you can add the local music library into the SoundTouch application by choosing the "ADD MUSIC" option in the explore panel. The caveat here would be that the computer would need to be powered on and connected to a network in order for you to play that content to the SoundTouch speaker.
  4. If you have a NAS drive connected to the same network as the SoundTouch system, you will be able to access any supported FLAC files through the SoundTouch application after adding the NAS drive as a source by choosing the "ADD MUSIC" option in the explore panel. This would also require a network connection to be able to play the content this way.

Let us know if that helps clear things up. Thank you.