subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Sony x90e and LS 600 ARC functionality

I have a LS 600 with latest firmware. Connected to new sony x9000e TV yesterday. Have enabled the ARC and able to get sound from TV through ARC channel for TV apps. However when TV sends a Dolby digital 5.1 output for nextix/amazon prime videos m, bose for some reason isn’t decoding/playing them. All I get is weird noise; I do see that in Av output it shows as dolly digital plus. Any ideas how I can get this fixed? Any other settings that I need to change in TV/Bose?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Sony x90e and LS 600 ARC functionality

Author Accepted Answer selected by subrasri

Hi subrasri,

Thanks for the post.  Are you able to change the audio output from the TV?  Maybe in the Settings menu of the television you can change the output to bitstream or PCM?  Dolby Digital Plus is a different codec from Dolby Digital 5.1 and maybe there is some confusion?

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by subrasri

Hi subrasri,

Thanks for the post.  Are you able to change the audio output from the TV?  Maybe in the Settings menu of the television you can change the output to bitstream or PCM?  Dolby Digital Plus is a different codec from Dolby Digital 5.1 and maybe there is some confusion?

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Thanks Brandon. You were right. There was a hidden setting in sony tv setting where I had option of changing arc output from Dolby digital plus to Dolby digital. Now it worrks perfectly.

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi subrasri,

We are glad to hear this! Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Best regards,

Brian

subrasri
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

Hi Brian

I just had one other query.  Doesn't LS 600 support Dolby Digital plus codec?

I noticed recently that when the input is Dolby digital plus 5.1, my LS 600 isnt able to decode it properly although in the AV output it shows as Dolby Digital Plus 5.1.  I noticed this happening for couple of sources, one from my cable setup box and one from TV through ARC.

For now i have worked around by explicitly forcing my sources (setup box + TV) to send out Dolby Digital 5.1 to my LS 600 instead of Dolby Digital plus 5.1

Any idea why this is the case?

Thanks