councilboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2017

Re: Sound Touch 10 SiriusXM error 6020

Thanks. Since Bose hasnt responded to this common issue, I will return them tomorrow

DAVES12340
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

Contacted bose yesterday according to them it will not work in the uk not helpfull at all iv'ebeen useing  this service for the last six mouths with no problems now im stuck with 2 soundtouch 20s and a 30 total waiste of money, SHAME ON YOU BOSE. I  can still listern to SiriusXM  with my membership via my pc. Now my bose soundtouch systems only fit for Ebay

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for the posts and sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with SiriusXM.

This issue has already been escalated up to engineering and is being investigated.  When there is more information, we will update the thread.

Best Regards,

Brandon

councilboy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 12, 2017

I emailed support. The idiotic reply essentially was that it should work. Sad that Bose is now playing catchup to others like Sonos after so many years of premier products. 

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I wonder what, if anything, has changed at Bose?  Have they eliminated a lot of technical expertise?  Are they under a severe profit crunch that is causing them to cut corners?  Usually, when things go to hell there is a reason.

Kmonster
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Brandon, I have two sound bar systems w/subs & RemoteLink speakers and youre top of the line home theater system. All were bought in the last 60 days. I bought specifically to use though out my new house. When will this be corrected? If something isn’t done soon I’ll be returning approx $10k in equipment after I return from the holiday. At this price tag EVERYTHING should work everytime.
OldGrandad
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2017

Same issue on a SoundTouch SA-5.  Just set up SiriusXM on a Roku with no problem. Wouldn’t the Roku use that same third-party authentication server?  Also called SiriusXM and they are showing no reported outages. They recommend I call Bose which I did...20 minutes on hold and finally hung up.

EB099
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2017

Same thing 6020.....

DAVES12340
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 14, 2017

I just wish Bose would let peprle no what is going on. As i contated SiriusXM  and they are showing no reported outages THEY SAID THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH BOSE APP CONTACT BOSE ABOUT THE PROBLEM. HOW CAN THIS BE GOING ON FOR OVER A WEEK AND WE ARE ALL 

STILL HAVEING THE SAME PROBLEM. Nice going Bose customer servise second to none AND ALL YOU CUSTOMERS ARE ALL NONE NICE WON BOSE.

Highlighted
cgs999
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

Hey all... On the Community Home page there is the following pinned post:

«Update 11/17:

We are aware of issues impacting some SoundTouch customers using the SiriusXM service. The SiriusXM third party authentication server is currently down.

This is impacting log-in and some on-demand services. We are working directly with SiriusXM on this issue and will update everyone here when we know more.»

You would have thought that a moderator would have brought this to our attention, but at least there is a message from Bose!