AlfredsShowroom
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2018

Sound Touch 10 and Bluetooth not broadcasting Properly

We have a set up with 3 Sound Touch 10 speakers and our preference is to Bluetooth music from a PC to the central speaker and use the SoundTouch app to send it to the other speakers. Unfortunately, the music plays flawlessly on the primary speaker but the audio cuts in and out on the two other speakers. I have done factory resets on all of the speakers, reset the router, and moved the speakers around. But, the issue persists.

Playing audio through TuneIn broadcasts perfectly to the other speakers so it is an issue with broadcasting the Bluetooth signal, not a weak wi-fi signal. Are there any other troubleshooting items I can do? This is incredibly frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sound Touch 10 and Bluetooth not broadcasting Properly

Hi there,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with Play All.

How far away are your speakers from your wireless router?  Can you check their RSSI (signal strength) in the SoundTouch App under Settings>About?

Do you know if the speakers are connected to the 2.4 or 5 GHz network on your wireless router?  If they are connected to 2.4, there could be interference caused by Bluetooth (as it uses the same frequencies as Wi-Fi).

Please let me know if you have questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

AlfredsShowroom
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2018

The secondary speakers are about 40 feet away from the router and both are showing "good" signal strength. The broadcasting speaker is right next to the router. The speakers are all connected on the 5GHz network.

Hi again,

Thanks for confirming that.

You've tried all of the standard troubleshooting steps I would have you try, so I think we may need to take a look at router settings to confirm your network is optimized for Play All.

Are the Bose systems connected to their own network?  What is the brand and model of the wireless router you're using?  Ideally we would want to disable WMM and any QoS settings in the router, then power cycle everything and test Play All via Bluetooth.

Thanks,

Brandon