Sound Touch 10 connection dropping out

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Sound Touch 10 connection dropping out

Hi. So I have read a number of posts and responses around this problem but have yet to find a fix. 

Wifi intermittendly drops out, not to any pattern but enough for me to scream and unplug the thing.

I have reset the box as per others instructions, moved to a location closer to the router etc. 

The thing is it was working fine for about a month and I am wondering if this isn't to do with the update early october? 

If anyone has any tips or tricks please chime in, as I have a $400 door-stop currently. 

9 REPLIES

Re: Sound Touch 10 connection dropping out

Hi rogersbedelle@gmail.com

Thanks for joining the Community!  I'm sorry to hear about the connection issues, but would be happy to help!

• When you mention the connection dropping out, is the audio getting choppy or just stops playing randomly?
  • When the problem happens, what color is the Wi-Fi indicator on the speaker?
  • If you open the speaker settings in the SoundTouch app, what is the RSSI value?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Hi Tony, 

RSSI Indicitor is : "Good". I have moved it to varying positions, all with "Good". It is currently 2 metres from my router.

Wifi Indicator : Stays white, sometimes it is flashing but other times it remains constant/solid.

Sound : Just cuts out. Sometimes for 1 second, sometimes for 20.

I have reset, unpaired my phone app/speaker, all the other suggestions I could find in the forums.

Hello rogersbedelle,

Thank you for the additional details.

Is this happening with all sources or any in particular? Does it also happen with Bluetooth and using Play All to multiple speakers?

Can you provide me the make and model of your router and any access points you're using?

Regards,

Joel 

Quiet Contributor

Hi.

The only source I use for the Wifi connetion is my Samsung S7 Edge. 

No it does not happen when using bluetooth. It only happens when streaming internet radio stations via the Sound Touch App.

Router was provided by iiNet and the only brand I can see is "technicolor". Voip ultra broadband gateway.

Not sure what you mean by access points? The router is connected directly to the FTTH and then transmits wirelessly.

Hello rogersbedelle,

Thank you for the update. 

Have you tried rebooting your router by unplugging it from power for 30 seconds and testing it again? Does this also happen with TuneIn radio in the SoundTouch app as well or just Internet Radio?

Regards,

Joe

Quiet Contributor

Hi.

Yes i mean the Tune In App.

Yes I have unplugged and also reset by holding down 2 and the vol buttons.

I have tried all of those more than once.

Hi rogersbedelle

It seems like there may be some possible interference that's causing the system to drop audio intermittently.  Do you have any wireless devices next to the speaker that could be a source of interference?  

If you could check to see if there's a model for the Technicolor router (normally a combination of letters and numbers), we may be able to help find a setting to see if it will help with the performance.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

I have nothing directly next to the speaker. About 4 metres away is a Playstation 4 which is connected wirelessly. However in the earlier position it was a good 20 metres away from the PS4. I am on a decent (for Australia) internet connection so there should be no issue with Bandwidth. 

I am not sure if any of the below information gives you a router model number??

Protocol: 802.11n
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 2.4 GHz
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Driver version: 19.51.12.3
Physical address (MAC): 98-54-1B-4C-17-F1

Hi there rogersbedelle,

Thanks for the reply.  The router model number would be on the actual modem/router that supplies your internet.  There's probably a few blinking lights on it and it may have been provided by your internet company.

Best,

Brandon