Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misterc
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

Sound Touch 10 stereo pair won’t connect to my network

Please help! I have a home Christmas party planned for this weekend and I am counting on my Bose Sound Touch speakers to provide the music.

I have 2 ST 10 I paired in stereo but now they won’t connect to my Wifi network. They have worked fine in stereo until last week when the App mysteriously could no longer connect these 2 speakers to my Wifi. I have 2 more ST 10 already paired in stereo in my Study, and these are still working well. I called in last week to Bose tech support. A tech worked on this issue for about an hour but could not get it resolved. He said Bose would soon be coming out with an update that would fix this issue. 😞 (Any indication Bose techs when this will happen? Before this weekend, I hope?)

So for now, these 2 stereo speakers won’t connect to my wifi through either my iPhone App or my iMac App. All that happens with these speakers is that the Sound Touch logo blinks continuously on both ST 10 speakers. I tried everything but nothing works. Tried disconnecting, reconnecting, re-pairing in stereo.... Very very frustrating! Can somebody please help and save this Christmas party??? I was looking forward to impressing my friends with my Bose Sound Touch set up this weekend, but I guess this won’t happen unless somebody in the Bose Community can come to my rescue.

Thanks in advance for any help any good samaritan can provide.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
misterc
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

Re: Sound Touch 10 stereo pair won’t connect to my network

Author Accepted Answer selected by misterc

Eureka! Called Bose Support this afternoon and Mandy found the solution to my ongoing connection issues with a pair of stereo SoundTouch 10. One of the speakers was not getting a strong enough signal on my 5G network so she switched it over to 2.4G. Both speakers were again paired in stereo and had no problem connecting to my home network.

Wow, that was close. Friends are coming over in about 3 hours to celebrate the Holidays. I’m finally glad to report that the music will be fabulous!

Thanks to everybody that helped me with this.

MC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
chowie
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Have you tried resting them individually? I had a similar problem once and had to reset and setup from new, think it's holding volume down & preset 1 for 10 seconds.

scrap
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2017

Before you try doing a factory reset (1+vol minus). Try to do a force update on them holding 4 and minus then release them when lights blink. Then after updating, try to do a reboot on the router as well by leaving it unplugged from power for a minute.

Hope that works. 😉

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi misterc,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this issue. We'll do our best to get everything working again as soon as possible! 

@scrap and @chowie, thank you for jumping in and providing some great troubleshooting steps!

Remember, once you do the factory default reset, you will need to reconnect your speakers to your network. You can do this by opening the SoundTouch app, selecting the menu icon in the top-left corner, select Settings, then "Add or Reconnect Speaker".

Also, I'd recommend rebooting your router as well. Simply disconnect power for one minute, then reconnect. 

Try these steps and let us know if this helps!

Best regards,

Brian

misterc
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

Thanks for your kind help guys. I will follow your instructions. I hope to work on this tonight and let you know tomorrow how everything went.  I also hope to have good news to share with you all.

misterc
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

Hi guys,

All I can say about now is - what a mess! I worked on this for at least 3 hours today and I’m back to square one. I’m having no success at all!

I started with a forced update as @scrap suggested and then rebooted the router. No success, both speakers still had the SoundTouch logo blinking continuously and would not play on the network.  I then followed @chowie’s advice and reset each speaker individually and renamed them both. Tried each speaker individually and they connected on the network without issues. Even got them to play music off my presets and both worked fine individually and in mono. Then I paired them both in stereo. Everything seemed normal, even got to rename the stereo pair. The app recognized this new stereo pair. I turned them both on with the app. But as soon as I did that the SoundTouch logo light started blinking on both speakers and I was not able to play them on my home network. Couldn't even get them to play Bluetooth off my iPhone.  

And I should add that throughout this process of disconnecting, reconnecting and rebooting my home router, I lost connection to two other Bose SoundTouch speakers that were already connected to my home network, and were working fine until I went through these different steps.

Why is the Bose SoundTouch so complicated to set up? I have invested heavily in this system for my home. I have 6 ST 10 (4 of which are meant to be stereo pairs). I have a ST 20, a Wireless Link and a Cinemate 130. These speakers all worked seamlessly at one point. I could play the same source of music in every room, or I could chose to have different sources of music in certain areas of my home (just like the Bose ads promise).  Everthing worked fine and frankly I was quite proud of my home audio setup.  Now I can’t even get a pair of stereo ST 10 to play on Wifi or Bluetooth, even though my iPhone App recognizes both these speakers as a stereo pair. 

I have fibre op internet in my home and the speed is quite reasonable I think. I just did a speedtest and it reads 117 mgps for download. The two  ST 10 speakers I’m having issues with are placed about 8 feet apart and located about 12 feet from the router.

Hope somebody can help some more. I really would like to get this working for tomorrow night.

Thanks

misterc
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 19, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by misterc

Eureka! Called Bose Support this afternoon and Mandy found the solution to my ongoing connection issues with a pair of stereo SoundTouch 10. One of the speakers was not getting a strong enough signal on my 5G network so she switched it over to 2.4G. Both speakers were again paired in stereo and had no problem connecting to my home network.

Wow, that was close. Friends are coming over in about 3 hours to celebrate the Holidays. I’m finally glad to report that the music will be fabulous!

Thanks to everybody that helped me with this.

MC

View solution in original post

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey MC,

Glad support was able to solve the issue over the phone!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon