cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mindyarbuckle
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

Sound Touch 10 won't pair with my iphone through itunes but it will through spotify

My Sound Touch 10 speaker won't connect via blue tooth through settings or itunes.  But, it works through sound touch and spotify via bluetooth.  What's wrong?  I've updated the speaker and tried pairing it with wireless by holding 2 and -.  Still nothing.  Please advise. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Sound Touch 10 won't pair with my iphone through itunes but it will through spotify

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having.

So you have connected your mobile device (like a smartphone) to your SoundTouch 10, correct?  Once that is done, you can play any music you'd like off of the device.

Are you also connecting your system to your wireless network at home?

Best,

Brandon

mindyarbuckle
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

Re: Sound Touch 10 won't pair with my iphone through itunes but it will through spotify

My phone won't even attach via blue tooth to the speaker.  I've gone into settings to manually pair them.  But, nothing.  Always says it can't connect.  The wierd thing is that it generally shows up when I'm in Spotify as a wireless speaker and I can play it from within Spotify.

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Alright, so it sounds like the SoundTouch 10 is connected to your Home Wi-Fi.  

On your phone, can you clear the Bluetooth pairing list?  Do you have an iPhone or Android phone?

Once you've clearing the pairing list on your phone, we want to do the same thing to the Bose system using the SoundTouch app.  In the SoundTouch app, go to Settings>Speaker Settings>SoundTouch 10>Bluetooth>Clear Bluetooth Pairing List

After we've done that, can you try reconnecting your phone to the SoundTouch system using Bluetooth?

Thanks,

Brandon

mindyarbuckle
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

ok.  I'll try that and let you know the results.