Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Sound Touch 20 - Power Cable needs to be positioned just right to get display to work

Hi

My Bose Sound Touch 20 (purchased in 2014) has devloped an annoying fault.

The power cable has to be positioned in just the right position when plugged into the back of the unit to get the display to function correcty.  If not plugged in correctly and the power cable wiggled and poitioned in exactly the right position (which is not fully home as you would expect) the units functionality ranges from:

1. Not powering on at all

2. Powering up and only displaying the wifi icon

3. Powering up, displaying the wifi icon and broken elements of the station info

4. All of the display working fine.

In conditions  2 - 4 above the unit plays music perfectly, and can be controlled with the mobile phone app / remote.

There must be a lose connection inside, and I would imagine it is close to the point where the power cable enters the unit.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have no problem with taking it apart, however my concern is that if I do this I might damage the lose connection and the unit will then not work at all.  However I'd like to avoid sending it back to bose and incuring the cost of repairing a fault which, although annoying, I can jusy about live with.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Sound Touch 20 - Power Cable needs to be positioned just right to get display to work

Hello Beaman,

Thank you for posting.

I completely understand about having to pay for a repair, but it will give you the peace of mind that we do a phenomenal job at repairs and also give you a new 1-year warranty on your product after service.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 27, 2015

Re: Sound Touch 20 - Power Cable needs to be positioned just right to get display to work

Hi Joel.

Many thanks for the response. Can you give me an indication of the cost of creating or this repair?

Many thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello Beaman,

You're very welcome; I want to see you be able to enjoy your SoundTouch 20 without that issue anymore.

I would suggest contacting our support as we don't quote specific service options on the community as they can vary between regions and can change from time to time.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be listed for support.

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support