WilkesJNR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Sound Touch 20 Setup

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help becuase I'm lost. I've just purchased a sound touch 20 and I can't even get past the initial set up ... Bluetooth works fine but the wireless connection is a nightmare. Earlier today I had it working but it dropped out after 5 minutes now I can't even get that far.

I've tried forcing system software upgrades, resetting and forcing the speaker into set up mode but nothing gives. I always end up at the screen which reads "System Not Found on Network" and asks which Wi-Fi indicator I have. It's always "Solid White".

Can anyone suggest anything that might work??

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Sound Touch 20 Setup

Sounds like you need to do a little troubleshooting perhaps in your own network.

Contact Bose support directly they will help you get things going.
Highlighted
WilkesJNR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

I’ve dropped them a text, let’s see what they come up with tomorrow.

Thanks.
Highlighted
WilkesJNR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

After speaking with Bose technical support and many changes to modem settings I found my solution on the internet.

Turns out there’s nothing wrong with my speaker or network. In fact, the Bose app is an utter shambles. It probably finds the speaker 25% of the time, Spotify and other connected apps find the speaker 100% of the time. Such a shame as the speaker itself is faultless.

Hopefully a new app update will come soon!