Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Sound Touch 300 having WIFI Connection Drops.

Let me start by saying I have a Sound Touch 300 and 3 Sound Touch 10 speakers in my home. After the last update (early June) I have to reconnect my speakers to my wi-fi every day in order to listen to music and play it throughout my home.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Re: Sound Touch 300 having WIFI Connection Drops.

Correction I have a 30 not a 300.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 31, 2018

Today the only way I could connect was to unplug the Sound Touch 30.   I was then able to use Play All on my app but only 2 of my 3 Sound Touch 10 speakers would play.   I had to unplug the one speaker it did not connect to and then it was fine.   Everything working good now but I will have to go through it all again tomorrow.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hello Ljkdyu

Thanks for posting in the community!  I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're running into, but would be glad to help!

I have a few questions before we can start diagnosing the issue:

Has the router or any access points in the home been reset?

Could you please provide the make/model of the router or any access points in the home?

Does the issue happen on any particular source?

Warm Regards,

Tony

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 6, 2018

Same problem here: SoundTouch 30 - It updated something (firmware?) last week (July 1st 2018).

Since then, it drops the home Wifi every night - I reconfigure it every morning.

To reconfigure, I hardwire the Bose box to my notebook via USB and reconfigure the network through the Windows 10 App.

I have a 5G network (if that helps)

As soon as the wifi is reconnected, all works fine - My pre-configured stations are still there. 

Note that I also have a ST10 and ST20 and they don't experience the problem (so far).

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Philippejj

Thanks for posting!  I wanted to confirm, when you have issues with the SoundTouch 30, do you notice the WiFi indicator on the front change from solid white to either blinking white or amber at all?  If it stays solid white, it should still be on the network.  Do you notice you have issues using the speaker from a different mobile device or computer at all?

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support