Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Sound Touch Wireless Link Adapter Does not Auto turn off

Hellow community,

I have this problem, when i play internet radio, and turn off the stereo receiver and the PC, my Sound Touch Addapter does not allways turn off to power save mode  automatically, but remains On and  connected to the router.

The adapterturns off automatically, when it is playng bluetooth and aus sourses and i turn off them.

Is it normal or is there any importance if i have Turn On the adapter from the Soundtousc APP on teh PC or on my Iphone ?

Just to add that the Auto Turn On functionn of the adaper does not work withe my old receiver harmankardon 3500.

Thanks for reply.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sound Touch Wireless Link Adapter Does not Auto turn off

Author Accepted Answer selected by tchervenov

Hi Tchervenov,

What it sounds like is happening from your description, is when you are turning off after using AUX or Bluetooth, the device you have been using to send the signal to the Wireless Link Adapter has been turned off as well. As that source has been turned off, the Wireless Link Adapter is no longer receiving a signal and will go into standby, as you have been experiencing.

When you are using the internet radio from the app, it sounds like we've just been turning off the receiver and not stopping the internet radio from playing. This would mean that the Wireless Link Adapter is still receiving a signal from the app, the only difference is the speaker it is connected to is no longer turned on to play it. If you were to stop the internet radio from playing on the app, as well as turn off the receiver, the Wireless Link Adapter should go into standby, like it does when using Bluetooth and AUX.

There is no way for your receiver to send a signal to the Wireless Link Adapter to get it to turn off, as the only connection between the two is the cable providing audio to the receiver. The Wireless Link Adapter, likewise cannot send a 'Wake' signal to the receiver to get it to turn on, however some receivers do have a function, on the receiver itself, to 'auto wake' when they detect an audio signal. To confirm if your receiver has that feature I would advise contacting the manufacturer to see if it is something your receiver can do.

I hope this helps.

Keith_L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hi Tchernov,

Thanks for posting.

The Wireless Link Adapter should remain connected to your router while in standby, so that it can receive a command to turn back on via the app. It shouldn't be turning off and disconnecting from the router when you finish playing to it via Bluetooth or AUX, it should go into standby after a period of time, but it should still be connected to the router while in standby.

The Wireless Link Adapter would only be able to automatically turn on your receiver, if that receiver has an Auto-wake feature of it's own, for when it receives and audio signal from our device. The best way to identify if your receiver does have an auto wake feature you can take advantage of would be to contact the manufacturer and ask them, as they will best placed to advise you on that.

I Hope this helps.

Keith_L - Community Support - 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Hi Keith,

Maby i didnt explain well, listning internet radio and then when i turn off the receiver, the adapter naturaly remeins allways connected to the router, but after a period, doesnt go in stendby, but remain turned on with a bright light, Is it normal ?, while in bluetooth and aux it goes in standby - gloom light after almost 20 min beeng turned off the receiver.

So, it does not goes in standby only at sountouch(internet radio) mode but remeins turned on with a bright light 

What should i do ?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Tchervenov, 

Just to clarify, The Soundtouch app does not Auto Turn off, it will go into standby mode if it connected via Wi-Fi (Soundtouch app) It will show a Dim White LED when it's connected and powered off. 
For Bluetooth, The LED will only go off it you switch back to using a Wi-Fi source. 

Hope this clears up any confusion, If you have any questions please do message back! 

Hope you have a lovely day! 

Kind regards 
Liam G - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Hi Liam,

The adapter is conected to my receiver by optical cable. When i tutn off my receiver, The Adapter does not goes to standby mode and the Wi-Fi Wite Led does not goes to Dim, but remain Bright, so it does not goes to standby mode neather after 1 hour! I can switch it to stanby onlt by the Soundtouch APPlication, is it normal ?

When i turn off Bluetooth or AUX sources, the Adapter goes to stanby dim light after circa 20 min after turning off the sourece, it should be the same using the Wi-Fi ?

What could be the problem and what should i do !

Thanks for yoir reply, regards

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello Tchervenov, 

Thank you for writing back! 

Does seem like your Wireless Link adapter is having some issues. I would recommend you try resetting your Device. 
You can follow the steps from our support page by clicking Here

It might help to also power cycle your Wi-Fi router, (Turning it off for 30 seconds then power back on) 

If that fails to fix the issue, I would recommend that you contact your local technical support team, 
You can find the details on how to contact them by clicking Here
Select your region and scroll down to the bottom of the page and select "Contact us" and you can find the contact details. 

Hope this helps 

Many thanks 
Liam G - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Hello,

In connection with my question whiy my wireles link adapter does not go to standby mode  automatically(solid dim WI-Fi Light), On yhe manual i found written :

Time after which equipment is automatically
switched into power modes:
Standby ≤ 2 hours             Networked standby ≤ 20 minutes

Could you explain what is the difference between Standby Mode and Networked Standby and what light will show the Wi-Fi indicator on the both modes?

Could be the reason that my receiver does not have the autowaking function and when i switch it off, it does not send signals to the adapter for has been switched off ?

Thanks for your kind reply.

Regards

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by tchervenov

Hi Tchervenov,

What it sounds like is happening from your description, is when you are turning off after using AUX or Bluetooth, the device you have been using to send the signal to the Wireless Link Adapter has been turned off as well. As that source has been turned off, the Wireless Link Adapter is no longer receiving a signal and will go into standby, as you have been experiencing.

When you are using the internet radio from the app, it sounds like we've just been turning off the receiver and not stopping the internet radio from playing. This would mean that the Wireless Link Adapter is still receiving a signal from the app, the only difference is the speaker it is connected to is no longer turned on to play it. If you were to stop the internet radio from playing on the app, as well as turn off the receiver, the Wireless Link Adapter should go into standby, like it does when using Bluetooth and AUX.

There is no way for your receiver to send a signal to the Wireless Link Adapter to get it to turn off, as the only connection between the two is the cable providing audio to the receiver. The Wireless Link Adapter, likewise cannot send a 'Wake' signal to the receiver to get it to turn on, however some receivers do have a function, on the receiver itself, to 'auto wake' when they detect an audio signal. To confirm if your receiver has that feature I would advise contacting the manufacturer to see if it is something your receiver can do.

I hope this helps.

Keith_L

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Apr 29, 2017

Thank you Keth,

It was verry helpful and risolved the issue. As you said, turning off only the receiver and not stopping the playng of the internet radio, the addapter remained playng and in power on Wi-Fi mode and doesn go in power save mode at all, only manually by the app.

Now i first stopped the radio from the app by pressing the stopp nutton on the app, and it risoved the problem and the adapter went to power saving mode after circa 20 min, as it should be !

Thanks again and

Love & Lifgt

Highlighted

Glad to hear it Tchervenov, I'm always happy to help! 

I'm glad we've worked out what was going on with the connections and it's now working as we expect it to.

All the best.

Keith_L