Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Sound Touch app nad ST30 WiFi connectivity problem

Hi,

I have at home SoundTouch 30 and Sound Touch Home Theatre. The second one doesn't have any problems with WiFi or app connection.

ST30 connection to WiFi works fine, but impossible is to connect iPhone ST app to this speaker. Just error message " can't find speaker". 

Important is that months ago problem didn't exist. I mean I have had a problems but finally connection was succeed.

Have anyone any idea what the reason could be? 

I am looking forward for help. This situation is so frustrating:(. Bose system I bought only because of that feature multi speaker connection. But now I can't control one of them 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Sound Touch app nad ST30 WiFi connectivity problem

Hi Norbert,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with detecting the SoundTouch 30 system.

If you look on the front of the SoundTouch 30 system, there is a Wi-Fi LED.  Does it stay solid white?  Is it a different color or blinking?

Can you try unplugging the ST30 from power for 30 seconds, then plugging back in and testing again to see if the system shows back up?

Are you only use the iPhone app?  Are you able to test this out on a different device like a computer or tablet?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Hi,

thank you for answering my request. Unfortunately non of your suggestions worked. I did all of the before we have contacted and after. WiFi indicator is always solid and white. 

Programed buttons works fine and speaker is connecting to internet radio without problem (I did it during first configuration after I bought ST30). Since then I can connect to the speaker with any mobile Apple device (iPad too) with different iOS versions.

i still counting you help me with this 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Norbert, 

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you check the software version of the app, your Home Theater and the 30 using THIS procedure? Are they all on 15.x or 16.x or different versions? To communicate, each system and app need to be running the same version. What iOS version are you using on your iPhone? Currently, we've released the 16.x update today. We also have an article on app compatibility HERE. Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

iPhone app is 15.120.23 (interface version is 16.150.53) and on ST30 is 16.0.9.37890.2412967.

iOS versions I have of my Apple devices are: 10.1.1, 10.3.3, 11.0.3 (all of them have problems).

Guys I am not an only user who have got such issues (I have read many complaints about the same problem). Have you any ideas or experiences with such situations?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for the info.  This sounds like a system detection issue.  Do you have the app installed on a computer?  If so can we test it out?

Have you tried a power cycle of your router?  Unplug the power for 30 seconds and replug, and test your devices.  Does this resolve the issue (even temporarily)? 

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Well Brandon,

I did what you suggest. I have connected do ST30 with PC app and can control ST30. Hurraaa :).

But after that I have tried to connect with my Apple devices and it doesn't work. I mean is the same as I previously described. 

So, the problem still exists. I wanna control my ST speaker with mobile devices but not with PC.

I am waiting for next ideas, but please not like "reset you router"

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey again Norbert,

Glad to hear we have some control of the SoundTouch system from your PC.

Do you just have a single router in your home?  Or are you using any sort of Wi-Fi extenders or repeaters?

Does your router have a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz network, or just 2.4?  Maybe we need to go into the router settings and disable "WMM" or possibly "AP Isolation"

-Brandon

Highlighted
Norbert
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 7, 2017

Brandon,

yes I am  using WiFi extender and I have a 2.4 GHz router.

Highlighted
Safak2002
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2018

Hello Norbert,

I have sound touch 130 and having 100% the same problems that you have it. previously it was working and now it is not. Have you solved the problem?

Thank you

Safak

safak.tugut@volvo.com