RKetch@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Sound Touch speakers - playback from iPod or computer fades in and out on aux in - most annoying

Anyone have similar experiences and any solutions?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Sound Touch speakers - playback from iPod or computer fades in and out on aux in - most annoying

Hi RKetch,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

When does the fade in and fade out happen?  How long does the speaker fade out for?  Have you tried a different AUX cable for the SoundTouch?

I've never experienced this or heard of this happening before, so this is new to me.

Please let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

RKetch@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Re: Sound Touch speakers - playback from iPod or computer fades in and out on aux in - most annoying

These speakers are not functioning properly. I am NOT happy with this product. 

I will be returning them for a refund. 

I have experimented over the last 2 weeks and report the following

Two SoundTouch 10 speakers configured as a pair

Sound will drop out on any of the three inputs - Wifi, BlueTooth, or Aux In.  I have used my computer, iPhone and iPod for Aux In and tried several cables. Always happens. iPhone for BlueTooth and my personal Wifi for streaming.

Sound will drop out sometimes right away or sometimes after up to 10-15 minutes or more. Occasionally will fade in and out at several second intervals or will just drop out and stay out. 

Thought it might be due to number of devices connected or proximity but not likely as it happens when there are no other devices connected. 

Will be returning to Best Buy in Surrey BC where I bought them for full refund of purchase price.

Rick Ketcheson