Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Sound bar touch 300

I bought a set of sound Touch 300 with the wireless speakers two months ago, it was working great until yesterday there was no sound through the sound bar, I research on line found out this is a common issue with BOSE sound Touch 300, I did like everyone unplug everything for 5 mins then re-connect everything, it works all night but this morning when I turn on the TV (with the remote from cable TV) nothing happen, I am not sure if anyone have this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Re: Sound bar touch 300

What tv do you have?

Are you sure the HDMI cable (From ST300) Is in the correct HDMI port on the TV (ARC) ?

There may also be a setting on the tv like simplink(lg) that must be turned on. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

What tv do you have?

SAMSUNG 4K ultra, only two months old I bought it at the same time as I bought the Sound Touch 300

Are you sure the HDMI cable (From ST300) Is in the correct HDMI port on the TV (ARC) ?

Yes everything connected just like in the manual shown.

There may also be a setting on the tv like simplink(lg) that must be turned on. 

I did look up the TV settings everything is correct.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 28, 2017

Hello Alt

St300 has a number of problems but the one you have described appears to have been solved.

I have Samsung qled tv ultra. 

suggest one of 2 things

1. - use your tv remote to go to source.

- click the SoundTouch icon on the tv screen 

Exit and go back to settings. Check the sound menu. Sound output should have changed to receiver (hdmi).

2. If this does not work , run a factory reset on your tv and install afresh.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2017

I occasioally experience the same issue with a 2016 Samsung 800 series. If you go into the expert settings in the Samsung you can find an option to cycle HDMI CEC on/off. Cycling that seting and then reslecting the ST300 as the output device solves the issue.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 15, 2017

Thanks I will give it a try.