Highlighted
Niels Holsbeek
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2018

Sound bar universal remote, not all buttons work properly

Hello,

Today i purpashed the Bose Soundbar 700 with the 2 virtually invisible speakers and an acoustimass 300. The installation and callibration wasn't too hard but after configurating the universal remote that came with it, I noticed whenever i try to go "up" a channel, the sound volume goes down. Whenever i try to go "down" a channel theres no problem and it switches channel. I've just found out pressing the "DVR" button, my channel will go up. I find this very strange and I'm pretty sure its not how it is supposed to work?

Also i have one more question, I have linked the soundbar 700 with my Samsung smarttv and sometimes i use the smarthub button to open apps such as netflix, so my question is there a "smarthub" button on the universal remote because if you i've still failed to find it 😛 Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Niels

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sound bar universal remote, not all buttons work properly

Hi Niels,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the remote.

When you programmed the remote control did you just go through the steps of pressing buttons, or have you attempted advanced setup at the bottom of the screen (after pressing a few buttons during standard setup)?

Give that a shot with the model number of your DVR box and let us know if it helps!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Niels Holsbeek
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2018

Re: Sound bar universal remote, not all buttons work properly

Hello Brandon,

After using the advanced configuration the remote worked properly.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Niels