trenthhh
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2017

Sound delay when using SoundTouch 300 soundbar with Soundtouch 10

I just purchase a soudtouch 300 soundbar and two soundtouch 10 speakers. I installed the app on my phone and I was able to get them all to play audio from my TV but the issue is that the soundtouch 10's are delayed by several seconds so it is impossible to use them. I am wondering if I have done something wrong in the setup? 

4 REPLIES 4
James_S
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Re: Sound delay when using SoundTouch 300 soundbar with Soundtouch 10

Not likely. There's a setting in the soundtouch app to sync all speakers together. Due to the way data travels in a wi-fi network, you either have the sound in the same room as the TV in sync with the video and delayed elsewhere or out of sync with the video and in sync with all speakers. 

clarkoc
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2017

I have the both speakers in the same room and they will not sync together with the TV audio.  Only the soundbar will sync with the TV audio.  Soundtouch 10 will not sync with TV audio and soundbar.  The Bose tech said it is not possible now but there will be an app update later to make this happen.  Is that possible or am I wasting my time with the Sound Touch 10 as a second audio source for the TV audio?

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for posting 

clarkoc,

There will be a delay when rebroadcasting unless "Video sync" is turned off. The article located HERE is more descriptive on understanding how this feature works.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

Havvkeye
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

There is a relatively new feature and still does not work great for TV broadcast.  You can either get a slight delay at the SoundTouch 10/20/30 speakers or you can get a delay between the picture and the audio by following the advice from the mod above.  Hopefully in the near future this will be corrected.  

I am assuming you do not hear any type of delay when just listening to Audio (not Audio/Video paired)?