Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

Sound touch 10 has no audio in Bluetooth

I just bought a Soundtouch and cannot get any sound when I have a Bluetooth connection on my Mac laptop and also on my iPhone. Bluetooth reads connected Bose system. The Soundtouch 10 Bluetooth light indicates paired. No sound at all! I have been able to play from the Soundtouch app. Although I hate leaving the computer on and open. Can't shut it or it goes off. I have the setting so the computer will not go to sleep. I have turned Bluetooth off and turned it back on, paired it again. I've synced my music library more than once. ITunes shows music is playing but I'm getting no audio. Help!  What is it I'm not doing right?
i posted this earlier but did not get a reply. Please someone can you make some suggestions.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2015

Re: Sound touch 10 has no audio in Bluetooth

I have same issue and this setup is driving me nuts! I bought this sytem specifally to be my only speaker supporting my Asus laptop and iphone. I signed up for the Deezer free trial and that is playing great thru the wifi but will NOT play from my pc or phone where the interface with Deezer is much better than the Bose one. PLus I want to stream music from YouTube. The app is a tad clunky but with the bluetooth issue I might be heading back to Curry's!! Please help BOSE
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Jax - We responded to your identical post here: (https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDetail?_escaped_fragment_/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_DETAIL&dc=Sou...)
FJF - Can you tell us a bit more about the symptoms of the problem? Does your SoundTouch1 10 play an audio tone when Bluetooth connects from either the phone or computer? Do the built-in speakers on either device continue playing even while Bluetooth is nominally connected?
Thank you. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 14, 2015

When I connect to Bluetooth I get a beep then the light turns solid white on the Doubdtouch. No sound from my laptop nor the Soundtouch. However, I can see the music is playing on my device just cant hear anything.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2015

Iphone 4S and Asus notebook s200E pair fine. The laptop and phone connect within 7 seconds and pair. However NEITHER find the Bose ST10. Even tho the BOSE ST10 is in pairing mode and the bluelight is flashing it just doesn't appear as a device to pair with. I can't tell you how many times I have rebooted the bluetooth on both devices. I certainly have cleared the pairing list using the app on the phone, and hear the bleep, the n the bluelight flashes, then nothing. And I have cleared the list on the PC as well.
Any ideas. Currently a bit disappointed as this is the first time I have invested 'highend' albeit on an entrylevel-ish product withn your range. Friends have always raved about the Bose sound but I get the sinking feeling this is another case of software glitches, I'd hate to say dumbing down...could it be?? I hope not.
Anyhow by way of trying to bottom this I will check tomorrow both my phone and my laptop with ANOTHER Bose ST10 that we bought for a relative, from a different supplier so a 'different batch', and which is located in a different house.
Any suggestions gratefully received...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2015

and now my iphone has fired up my ST app and an error message has appeared...SOFTWARE UPDATE there was a problem checking for the software update 4004/502 ...grrrrrrrr
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

FJF

Make sure that the SoundTouch 10 has been connected to the Wi-Fi network for a software update before attempting to use it for Bluetooth connection. The current software version is 10.0.11 for that device. You can check the software version in the app under EXPLORE > SETTINGS > ABOUT > . IF the system is on the network you can also prompt an update manually by holding the #4 button and  the Volume Down (-) button together on top for 15 seconds. 

The 4005/502 error you are seeing is usually an indicator that our app cannot reach our servers online. If this error message persists restart your router and hard-reset your iPhone by holding the Home and Power buttons together until the Apple Logo appears.

Let us know if you continue having trouble.