Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

Sound touch 20 bluetooth issues

When I connect my laptop to my soundtouch 20 using blue tooth the screen will display <<windows sound>> however this image will flicker on and off non-stop and is extremely annoying. Is there a way to prevent this?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Sound touch 20 bluetooth issues

Hi zxzxzx207,
Generally when connected via Bluetooth the SoundTouch system's display will cycle between the name of the connection (in this case "windows sound") and the artist/title/track info of the media being played. If all of that information is not available from the media you are listening to across bluetooth, it may be displayed as a blank before showing windows sound again. Does this sound like the symptom you are describing? If you open a music player (iTunes/windows media player, etc.) does the info transfer correctly and display on the screen?
Let us know.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 10, 2016

Hi,
This is exactly what is happening. Is it possible to stop the cycling or just switch off the display?
Thank you
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

The screen cannot be turned off while the system is playing, and the system will always attempt to display whatever artist/album/track information is available by way of the AVRCP bluetooth service.
If you open a music player which supports this (iTunes, Windows media player, VLC, etc.) on the computer then the system may display information from that program after the "windows sound" message instead of being blank. However this is the only way to alter what appears on the display. 
Regardless, we can see how this causes undesirable behavior in this situation. We will mark this case as product feedback and provide it to our development team as a user suggestion. Thank you.