Dylancurry
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2015

Sound touch 30 keeps dropping out of wifi

I have 2 sound touch 30s which are just over a year old. One in the kitchen which is 1 room and 5m away from the router. This keeps dropping out, mainly when I’m listening to Spotify or Apple Music from my iPhone. If I play radio via the app then it plays no problem without any drop outs. It’s very frustrating and I have rebooted, updated and even swapped my two speakers around, but the kitchen one keeps dropping.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Sound touch 30 keeps dropping out of wifi

Hello Dylancurry,

Thank you for the post.

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. When was the last time this was working without issue? And thank you for supplying the details in your troubleshooting.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Dylancurry
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2015

After some pain I have figured out what the bloody problem is. Apple Music is the problem!!! Because the speaker works fine with the inbuilt digital radio stations, but whenever I listen to music using the Apple Music app via my iPhone this is when the issues with dropping off occurs, and it’s really bad and extremely frustrating. So much that I have felt like picking up the speaker and throwing it over the fence!!!

So tonight I decided to subscribe to Spotify premium which would allow me to stream music via the nose speaker (apparently it’s not possible with Spotify free). So after setting up my account and connecting to the nose speaker I felt like I was in heaven. There was no dropping off or breaking up and crackling like I got with Apple Music.

This is bliss now!

Do Bose not support Apple Music? Because you really should.

Nevertheless I am happy now. Let’s hope it stays this way.
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi Dylancurry

Thanks for the update!  Glad to hear this is back up and running again.  We currently don't support Apple Music, but we are working on adding more features soon.  I wanted to confirm, the SoundTouch 30 system you have, does this version have the Bluetooth or Airplay feature?  You can tell by seeing if there is a Bluetooth symbol on the AUX button on the top of the speaker or the little controller.  

If you're using Airplay and want to use the Apple Music app, then you may want to reboot the router as this is the normal cause for interruptions while using the Airplay feature.  If you have the Bluetooth version, I would definitely recommend this method as it will make a direct connection with the speaker versus going through the router.

Warm Regards,

Tony A