Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin.ridgway2015@outlook.com
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

Sound touch 30

I’m a big fan of Bose I have installed all through my house but my sound touch 30 is the biggest load of rubbish I’ve ever purchased ! I’ve hardly used this system because it’s not Bluetooth I have to use the sound touch app and it will not recognise my system !! It’s driving me insane !! I have a good wireless router the simple fact is this system sucks !!! It’s tainted my whole experience with Bose so much I’m thinking of getting rid of the lot and moving to Sonos !!!!! aggggghhh !!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Sound touch 30

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way and I completely understand that you may be disappointed and frustrated, however, I would love to help you get your system work as you please.

If you are having trouble getting your SoundTouch 30 on to your network, I would suggest either of the following:

• Connect the SoundTouch to your network via an Ethernet cable. 
  • Use Alternate Setup Mode

If you connect your SoundTouch 30 with an Ethernet Cable, you can then add the speaker by selecting the 'Speaker already connected to network' button shown below.

soundtouch app already on network.PNG

Using Alternate Setup Mode is another alternative that will force the SoundTouch speaker to broadcast it's own network so you can then command it to connect to your network. 

Follow this article with instructions on how to do this: Alternate Setup Mode

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, we will be more than happy to help. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Charlotte_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Robin,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way and I completely understand that you may be disappointed and frustrated, however, I would love to help you get your system work as you please.

If you are having trouble getting your SoundTouch 30 on to your network, I would suggest either of the following:

• Connect the SoundTouch to your network via an Ethernet cable. 
  • Use Alternate Setup Mode

If you connect your SoundTouch 30 with an Ethernet Cable, you can then add the speaker by selecting the 'Speaker already connected to network' button shown below.

soundtouch app already on network.PNG

Using Alternate Setup Mode is another alternative that will force the SoundTouch speaker to broadcast it's own network so you can then command it to connect to your network. 

Follow this article with instructions on how to do this: Alternate Setup Mode

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, we will be more than happy to help. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Jeff_G

Hello, 

We have moved this thread to the SoundTouch speakers section of the Community.

Kind regards, 

Jeff

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Robin.ridgway2015@outlook.com wrote:
I’m a big fan of Bose I have installed all through my house but my sound touch 30 is the biggest load of rubbish I’ve ever purchased ! I’ve hardly used this system because it’s not Bluetooth I have to use the sound touch app and it will not recognise my system !! It’s driving me insane !! I have a good wireless router the simple fact is this system sucks !!! It’s tainted my whole experience with Bose so much I’m thinking of getting rid of the lot and moving to Sonos !!!!! aggggghhh !!
Robin.ridgway2015@outlook.com
I found I was running into problems with one of my ST30 speakers because of wifi intference from my router be8ng too close to the speaker.

Have you tried basic wifi troubleshooting procedures:

1. Connect the speaker via an ethernet cable off your router.

2. Reviewed your router firewall settlings

3. Tried alternate settings with the help of your isp provider?

4. Log out and log back into your Soj dTouch account after completing an update?

5. Are your other SoundTouch devices working correctly, if yes then your problem is related to an issue with the one speaker, and that problem is usually something to do with setup or interference. Have you tried moving your speaker to a different location?

6. Have you sent the speaker in for warranty inspection and repair?