Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 15, 2018

Sound touch 300 Rear Speakers

We have the Soundtouch 300 sound bar for our LG OLED 55" TV. Thinking of getting the rear speakers but do not plan on buying the subwoofer. The bass from the sound bar is adequate for our listening (really do not like too much of the deep rumbling, etc.). Therefore, we presume the rear speakers will be fine without the complete set up? Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Re: Sound touch 300 Rear Speakers

Author Accepted Answer selected by carol101

This is what I did. It was almost 2 years before I got permission to get the subwoofer. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

The VI300 will be totally fine even without having the subwoofer. To me it had more impact adding the rears rather than the sub(more immersive experience, it brings you more into the movie), so i guess you should definately give it a shot. You can add the sub at a later point if you have the spare or think it would be a nice addition.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by carol101

This is what I did. It was almost 2 years before I got permission to get the subwoofer. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello carol101,

Great advice from the other members here. The Surround Speakers will enhance your experience with the addition of the rear channels. There is no need to also have either the Bass Module 500 or Bass module 700, unless of course you decide on more bass and low frequency sound! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 15, 2018

Thank you for your response.  I didn't think that we needed the seperate bass to get good results from rear speakers for the Soundtouch 300 sound bar.  Just need to go out and buy them in white!