Clhiguera1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

Sound touch 300 Update?

It is the 21st and I still have yet to receive an update for my ST300. How long does this take to roll out Bose?? Is there a way to manually update the sound bar via USB or something like that. I am growing very impatient waiting for a fix since October and your still selling these soundbars to the public. Someone should file a lawsuit. Please update the system asap.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Re: Sound touch 300 Update?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Brent_B

I'm still waiting too CIhiguera1, I'm located in Australia.

There is an updated notice on the very first page which reads:  2/21 Update: We have extended the rollout timeframe for this update. Although we expected all users to have received it by 2/22, it may take a bit longer than we had anticipated. More information will be shared as soon as it is available. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I guess we just have to wait for that 'more information will be shared as soon as it is available'. Sad really!

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
TonyAU
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Brent_B

I'm still waiting too CIhiguera1, I'm located in Australia.

There is an updated notice on the very first page which reads:  2/21 Update: We have extended the rollout timeframe for this update. Although we expected all users to have received it by 2/22, it may take a bit longer than we had anticipated. More information will be shared as soon as it is available. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I guess we just have to wait for that 'more information will be shared as soon as it is available'. Sad really!

psg
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 10, 2017

Definately not what I expect from a company like BOSE. This sort of stuff sinks company reputations.....
The speakers sound great when they are working, but at the moment they don't work, so they might as well be boat achors.....
skandhkapoor
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2017

I am also waiting. Located in Australia. Just waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting......

Bose do something.
profiler
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

I'm in the UK and still waiting for App update and ST 300

Is there any response from BOSE? 

Clhiguera1
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 16, 2017

Why is it that they are seeming so shady and uncoordinated with this whole issue regarding the ST300 and ARC/HDMI? If you can't get it to work properly the compensate your customers that are unable to return it because they've been waiting for months for a SOLID fix. Followed by pulling all units off shelves until you do fix it. I've even went into Bose retail stores and showed them the issue with their own setup.

Bottom line is someone "Brent" needs to communicate clearly what the issue with the update is to the community and why it is taking so long to roll out. It is over Wi-Fi this should take any more than a couple days. Just ask apple when they release software updates. Brent you are the only Bose representative that I've seen here so your tasked with communication to the loyal customers that have stuck with you and the company for months. How about you return the favor?! Let us know when the update will roll out to everyone. I'm in San Diego In the US. And there is nothing here yet.
Nemo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

Hi Bose,

Today I got some kind of update; »App interface« version is now 14.80.6 and »App Version« is 14.60.1., SW version for ST 300 with AM is 14.0.18.

According to entry page of Bose forum “App version” should be 14.80.6. Any Idea what have I got and if system will ever be upgraded to 14.80.6?

Regards, Nemo.

iBraver1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2017

I'm from Oregon, USA. The App was updated both on my Mac laptop and iPhone to 14.80.6 without any advertised features. Hopefully the software update will arrive soon.

Cheers!

Nemo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

yes, that true, without any advertised features which will convinced me that I have new version... that's why I’m wondering what I have got.

It seems I only got feedback button 🙂

garyrh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Only received the App update also but no speaker update. Speaker is still at 14.0.18. Clicking update in the speaker section of app does nothing.