mchopra
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Sound touch 300 issues on power inverter

Hi team,

I am facing a peculilar issue with my ST 300.

Power cuts are very frequent here in India and most household have power intervers. All my electronic gadgets are on the power inverter mode and work during power cuts.

ST300 doesnt work and 2 amber light starts blinking whenever power trips in my house and the goes into power inverter mode. I tried resetting the system during that time, but the amber lights keeps blinking and doesnt move into set up mode. Once the power is back, everything gets back to normal.

I also have ST 20 and 10 and they all work on the power inverter mode but not ST 300. 

I am using - Microtek Digital UPS EB 1600 VA Inverter, just in case this information helps.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
QuilpieGuy
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Re: Sound touch 300 issues on power inverter

Author Accepted Answer selected by mchopra

@mchopra FYI I'm using a CyberPower UPS which according the specs has a "Simulated Sine Wave" output.

I've never had an issue with using it, I get quite a few power outages during the course of a year.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi mchopra,

Thank you for the question!

I did some research on the Microtek inverter that you are using and it looks like it is a trapezoidal waveform inverter, which is another name for a square wave inverter.  Some computers and sensitive electronics require a pure sine wave inverter.  I wonder if this might be the cause of the issue?  

Have you tried different plugs on the back of your UPS?  

Let me know so we can hopefully get this working for you!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

mchopra
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Thanks Brandon for the research on this issue.

It looks like the invertor issue and hence now i have called up the techincal guys at Microtek. There are some switches behind the box, but i will take thier advice.

attached is a pic with some switches in the current state.

I will surely keep you posted.

Regards

20180301_075420.jpg

QuilpieGuy
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by mchopra

@mchopra FYI I'm using a CyberPower UPS which according the specs has a "Simulated Sine Wave" output.

I've never had an issue with using it, I get quite a few power outages during the course of a year.

View solution in original post