Dale2010
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 5, 2016

Sound touch 520 Random Music

Hi, I have a Sound Touch 520 that keeps playing random music, as an example I was watch the F1 on Sunday afternoon and midway the Soundtouch came on and started playing Wham "Last Christmas" this happens on a few occasions, sometimes it's very late at night full volume. How can I stop this happening?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
almamunrabu320
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 5, 2016

Re: Sound touch 520 Random Music

I used to have similar problems too, but after using
"long path tool" You can use to solve this problem.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Sound touch 520 Random Music

HI Dale2010,
There are only a handful of ways that the system can be turned on. We will discuss each and make a note of how it could happen accidentally.

1. Via the IR remote sensor. - A defective remote could be sending signals when it should not be. Try placing the remote control in a drawer or otherwise isolating it so it does not have line of sight to the system.
  2. Via the SoundTouch app. - Any device running the Soundtouch app with your login info can trigger the system to turn on. Be sure that another household member is not attempting to use a different SoundTouch product in another room and activating yours by mistake
  3. Via Bluetooth. - If a computer or phone attempts to connect with the system via Bluetooth, the system will acknowledge that connection and wake up to the Bluetooth source. If a music player is available on the connected device it may begin playing automatically when this happens. Try temporarily unpairing Bluetooth devices from your SoundTouch 520 system to see if this resolves the issue.

Hope this helps you narrow down the cause!