Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Sound touch app switch automatically to bluetooth,when I play the wifi icon

I purchased the Bose SoundTouch 30 on last Saturday.

I am connecting it through bluetooth with Windows 10 laptop and through wifi with Iphone 5s through Sound touch app on the phone.

When I play using the wifi button in the app,it automatically switched to bluetooth icon and play the music from Windows10 laptop.Ideally it shpuld play the music through wifi icon because I have selected that wifi icon.But it is getting switched to Bluetooth icon and play the music from windows 10 laptop on its own automatically.

Please help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Sound touch app switch automatically to bluetooth,when I play the wifi icon

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rajat1988

Hi Rajat1988,

That is great to hear! To answer your follow-up questions:

1. The sunlight should certainly not damage the system. You may have trouble reading the display or in rare occasions controlling the system using the IR remote, but you would not need to cover the system while under direct sunlight.
  2. Keeping the system plugging into power would be the ideal option and would not damage the system. This way you could turn the system on by using the remote or application and would not need to plug back in the power cord. When you turn the system off it will go into a low-powered standby mode. Having said that it is always best to plug your devices into a surge protector as they can protect the system against any spike in voltage that could be caused by power outages or electrical storms.

Thank you,
-Michael

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Rajat1988,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with Bluetooth.  This is normal behavior with the Windows 10 laptop.  When bluetooth is disconnected and the speaker switches back over to SoundTouch, the Windows 10 laptop will attempt to force a connection to the speaker via Bluetooth as it thinks it was erroneously disconnected.  The only way to avoid this is to disable Bluetooth on the laptop (or remove the Bose system from connected devices) until you would like to use the Bose system via BT again.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Hello Brandon

Thanks for helping me.I did as suggested by you and it is working now.

I have two more question as below:-

1)I have installed the Bose Soundtouch30 in my bedroom and the sunlight falls daily on the device for two hours between 13 00 and 1500.So is it fine? or should I cover the device when the sunlight falls on it?

2)I use it daily for playing radio for 7-8 hours and sometimes even more.I turned the device power off using the remote power button.Do I need to unplug the power cord also from the device daily or the power off from the remote is enough?

I mean if I keep the power cord connected with the device even when not listening to music,will it harm the device or its fine?

Thanks and Regards

Rajat Goel

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Author Accepted Answer selected by Rajat1988

Hi Rajat1988,

That is great to hear! To answer your follow-up questions:

1. The sunlight should certainly not damage the system. You may have trouble reading the display or in rare occasions controlling the system using the IR remote, but you would not need to cover the system while under direct sunlight.
  2. Keeping the system plugging into power would be the ideal option and would not damage the system. This way you could turn the system on by using the remote or application and would not need to plug back in the power cord. When you turn the system off it will go into a low-powered standby mode. Having said that it is always best to plug your devices into a surge protector as they can protect the system against any spike in voltage that could be caused by power outages or electrical storms.

Thank you,
-Michael

View solution in original post