rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Sound touch discontinue

I am not convinced the SoundTouch speaker line has been officially discontinued. I have seen products come and go from the Bose shelves before. Further there has been no official announcement from Bose  Supply issues may be the reason the SoundTouch shelves are bare right now.

Bose has announced continued support for the product . Bose is pretty good about long time support of their products.

Notwithstanding, last year I said keep buying SoundTouch. In fact I bought a ST10. Going forward now I will probably buy a Home speaker. Hopefully a larger 700 is on the drawing board.

Jgsing
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

That’s good to hear, I absolutely love my SoundTouch system that we have throughout our house!  it’s a lot more intuitive than most systems that I’ve had in the past.

Please keep the ST line going and updates coming in!  

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Jgsing wrote:

That’s good to hear, I absolutely love my SoundTouch system that we have throughout our house!  it’s a lot more intuitive than most systems that I’ve had in the past.

Please keep the ST line going and updates coming in!  

I am Now less confident SoundTouch is going to continue. My post was made a few months ago. Clearly the shelves remain bare and that maybe due to interruptions in manufacturing but after reading other posts from Bose moderators, appears as time goes on SoundTouch product line is looking like it is fading. 

If you can find some SoundTouch speakers at other resellers like Best Buy you are advised to buy them now. At least Bose will support SoundTouch with firmware updates and warranty repairs for the foreseeable future.

gearharj
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Bose has screwed all of us SoundTouch customers. We can't  add on to or grow our home systems using the SoundTouch app. So as I am trying to add to my system, I find I can't using the SoundTouch app and speakers. So I have to get rid of the 9 SoundTouch 10 speakers I have and start over with their new ones. They couldn't make the new ones compatible? They have screwed us. If I have to start over, it won't be with Bose if this is how they treat customers.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@gearharj wrote:

Bose has screwed all of us SoundTouch customers. We can't  add on to or grow our home systems using the SoundTouch app. So as I am trying to add to my system, I find I can't using the SoundTouch app and speakers. So I have to get rid of the 9 SoundTouch 10 speakers I have and start over with their new ones. They couldn't make the new ones compatible? They have screwed us. If I have to start over, it won't be with Bose if this is how they treat customers.

Now is a good time to look for good deals on remaining SoundTouch speakers to complete your impressive collection. As a platform, SoundTouch was never going to be around forever. “Forever” is not a word found in manufacturers strategic marketing plans.

Matrixstar2020
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

I was never impressed with the SoundTouch app and I only ever use it to update software on my speakers.  Now that my sound touch speakers have airplay 2, I’m satisfied that I can stream to them from all my Apple devices and they can join in with my homepods and other apple gear to have a whole house streaming system.  As far as I’m concerned, the airplay2 update can be the “farewell” update that frees the streaming from soundtouch and turns the streaming platform over to Apple.  Even if I buy bose smart speaker devices, I would disable all the Alexa features and stream solely over airplay 2.  

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Matrixstar2020 wrote:

I was never impressed with the SoundTouch app and I only ever use it to update software on my speakers.  Now that my sound touch speakers have airplay 2, I’m satisfied that I can stream to them from all my Apple devices and they can join in with my homepods and other apple gear to have a whole house streaming system.  As far as I’m concerned, the airplay2 update can be the “farewell” update that frees the streaming from soundtouch and turns the streaming platform over to Apple.  Even if I buy bose smart speaker devices, I would disable all the Alexa features and stream solely over airplay 2.  

Airplay 2 is much better than Airplay 1 on Bose speakers. As a common platform, Airplay 2 exceeds SoundTouch and Bose Music. There are still elements of SoundTouch I like, especially the presets and the ability to apply a custom URL. At any rate, I agree adding Airplay to the Bose lineup was a smart decision and is a nice feature.

Steck-4
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2020

Sound touch discontinue

If Boss is not discontinuing the soundtouch line up then why can't you find the speakers available for purchases on the web sight?????

Matrixstar2020
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2019

You can, they’re called the lifestyle 600 and 650 systems and the wave system.

I’m kind of disappointed where bose is going, I think the soundtouch300 is a far superior sound bar than the current soundbar700 and the SoundTouch 10, 20, and 30 are vastly superior to the home speaker 500 and 300.

I think the SoundTouch speakers were the best speakers bose ever made and with AirPlay 2 they’re pretty tough to beat.  Bose seems to excel in hardware but is woefully lacking in software.  

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Matrixstar2020 wrote:

You can, they’re called the lifestyle 600 and 650 systems and the wave system.

I’m kind of disappointed where bose is going, I think the soundtouch300 is a far superior sound bar than the current soundbar700 and the SoundTouch 10, 20, and 30 are vastly superior to the home speaker 500 and 300.

I think the SoundTouch speakers were the best speakers bose ever made and with AirPlay 2 they’re pretty tough to beat.  Bose seems to excel in hardware but is woefully lacking in software.  

I bought my SoundTouch gear back in 2014. I have been very happy with the product line and still have a few years left on the extended warranty. With the addition of Airplay these speakers are really fine and doing the job, reproducting good quality digital sound. 

I dont know too much about the newer sveltier soundbars but my Cinemate 130 still performs very well handling and reproducing 5.1 sound. This soundbar is also covered under a lengthy warranty.

As such I won’t be rushing out to upgrade my speakers for some time, even though Bose appears to making some nice improvements to their speakers. 

I would still like to see a Home Speaker 700 for a bigger sound.