Angel Alfredo
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2020

Re: Sound touch discontinue

If the bose sound touch 20 and 30 are no discontinued, why is hard to buy it? - In Chile is not possible to get one Sound Touch 20 device since several weeks. The same in Amazon Germany (where I have friends, who can buy one for me)

Thank you for information in advance

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Angel Alfredo wrote:

If the bose sound touch 20 and 30 are no discontinued, why is hard to buy it? - In Chile is not possible to get one Sound Touch 20 device since several weeks. The same in Amazon Germany (where I have friends, who can buy one for me)

Thank you for information in advance

Fair to say now, at the end of September 2020, the SoundTouch line of speakers is discontinued. I am surprised Bose hasn’t made a formal announcement to that effect. At any rate you may be able to find some models at resellers, but clearly, Bose is moving forward with its Smart Home line of speakers and Bose Music app.

I just ordered a Bose Portable speaker. I already have a Home 300 and of course a few SoundTouch speakers. At least all my Bose speakers, Sound Touch and Smart Home alike can play together via Airplay. That’s progress! 

aks
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 15, 2014

I sincerely hope the SoundTouch line continues, I need to expand my system (ST30, ST20x2, ST10) with more speakers and home theater system. As everyone has said, there is no chance I would replace everything with a new platform from Bose, trust would be destroyed.

I don't need new features, I just need everything to keep working as-sold.

In the old days, you'd buy a system and use it for donkeys years.