Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curtisduvall
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

SoundTouch 10 Bluetooth Issues

Hello everyone!

I have two SoundTouch 10 speakers that I purchased about a year ago and I have been having serious issues keeping them connected to bluetooth. I have them setup as a stereo pair and they will play just fine using the SoundTouch app on my iPhone X. That is until I try to play from the Apple Music app on bluetooth. It will play properly for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or so, then the audio will totally drop out and I have to power down the speakers and reconnect them to bluetooth. Every 45 seconds or so. I have reset the speakers multiple times, I have cleared the pairing list on the speakers, app, and iPhone to no avail. 

Volume doesn't have any effect on the speakers working, proximity to the speakers has no effect, and they are both up-to-date with the most current software updates available through the SoundTouch app. I have also used my iPad to connect via bluetooth, as well as a Lenovo tablet. All the devices have the exact same issues of dropping audio. For $200 each, I expected to be able to use these speakers for many years without issue. I'm hoping someone can help me out and try to get this situated because I love the sound these speakers produce and I would hate to have to get rid of them because they don't function as promised.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community_Admin

Re: SoundTouch 10 Bluetooth Issues

Author Accepted Answer selected by curtisduvall

Hi curtisduvall

I was able to run a quick diagnostics on the email, and it shows everything is up to date.  I'd like to replace the speakers for you as it sounds like we've gone through all of the troubleshooting for this issue.  

Could you please provide your full name, phone number, address, and serial numbers.  

Thank you,

Community Admin

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi curtisduvall,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! Sorry to hear about your experience, we can definitely try to help troubleshoot this.

You mentioned that as soon as you start streaming music from the Apple Music app, you begin to experience the issue? Have you tested with other apps such as Pandora, Spotify, etc? 

Also, just for troubleshooting purposes, can we test each speaker individually via Bluetooth? 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

curtisduvall
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

I have the same issue with my Apple devices even when connected to an individual speaker. And the issue is across all apps when using Bluetooth.

Though, I have discovered that when using the soundtouch app WiFi I have no connectivity issues on any device. It’s just Bluetooth.
Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi curtisduvall

Thanks for the update!

• To confirm, since you've had the speakers for about a year, is this an issue that recently came up or since the start of owning the systems?
  • Have you been able to perform a factory default on the speakers by holding down the 1 and - volume button for about 10 seconds?  The LEDs should start flashing and cycling through and a solid amber Wi-Fi indicator would let us know it's finished with the reset and ready to setup again.

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

curtisduvall
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Hi Tony,

It’s been an ongoing issue, I’ve just now got around to trying to figure it out.

I’ve also done factory resets on both speakers multiple times. I’m really not sure what the problem is, but it’s driving me nuts lol.
Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi curtisduvall

Thanks for the reply!  I can definitely understand the frustrations!

Where you have the speakers located, are there any potential sources of interference next to the systems?

Have you tried using the speakers in a different to see if that's the case?

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

curtisduvall
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

I’ve tried them in every room of my house, I’ve used them in vacant houses when I’m cleaning, and I’ve used them outside on my deck... same issues in every location. Right now they are on my dresser in the bedroom.
Tony_A
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi curtisduvall

Thanks for the update!  That is certainly strange.  I'm going to PM you to gather a bit more information to see if we can get to the bottom of the issue.  

Thank you!

Tony A 

Community_Admin

Hello curtisduvall

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I don't believe this is a common issue as I'm running this exact same setup here at work with a SoundTouch 10 and iPhone X with iOS 12.  Have you tried updating the iPhone to the latest iOS version?

Could you also provide us the make/model of the router as well as the email you used for your SoundTouch account?

Warm Regards,

Community Admin 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
curtisduvall
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

I am running iOS 12 on all of my mobile devices and the most current macOS update on my iMac. My router is a Netgear Nighthawk X4. My email is curtis.duvall2@gmail.com