Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gkilwein
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2018

SoundTouch 10: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

I have two existing SoundTouch 300 sound bars + subwoofers and one SoundTouch 10.  I just purchased four more SoundTouch 10s hoping to complete the music throughout my house.

First, I spent hours trying to get the Android app and Mac app with USB cable to recognize the speaker. Then I tried iOS on my iPad and finally was able to get one speaker on the network.

Now I keep getting the "Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account" error no matter what I do or what devices I try to add the speaker on. I've rebooted my home router, rebooted all my devices (Mac laptop, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S9+) yet that message still comes up and I cannot use the speaker despite it being connected to the network.

I have tried 3 of the 4 SoundTouch 10s and have the same problem. I don't understand why my old SoundTouch 10 works great but the new ones can't get connected.

To connect the speaker, I am opening the SoundTouch app, clicking Settings in the menu, clicking Add or Reconnect Speaker, clicking "Speaker already connected to network". The speaker appears, I click Set Up, I give it a name, then I get an error message "Can't Connect: Something happened and we couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account".  This happens no matter if I try this on my Mac laptop, iPad, or Samsung S9+.   I have tried factory resetting the SoundTouch 10s, putting them in setup mode (holding "2" and "-").  I have also tried getting into the alternate setup method (which says it can't connect when I go to that IP address), or installing firmware with a cable (again, can't connect with my Mac laptop via USB cable).

Suggestions? I have about 20 days left in my return window before these get shipped back. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gkilwein
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2018

Re: SoundTouch 10: Couldn't add the speaker to your SoundTouch account

Author Accepted Answer selected by gkilwein

Thank you for your response. I was able to perform a software update with a USB cable and now they are all working. I had tried it earlier but must have had a bad cable, because a new cable allowed me to update, after which setup for the speakers was fast and easy.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Hi Gkilwein, 

Thanks for posting and getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue, however I would love to help. 

I have a few troubleshooting methods I would like to suggest that I think can fix this issue. 

• Please ensure that all speakers are on the same network. 
  • Ensure that WiFi assist is turned off in device settings. 
  • Ensure that all speakers are up to date with the latest software.
  • Performing a product reset on the speaker.
  • Attempt to delete and redownload the SoundTouch App. 
  • Reboot your internet router. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gkilwein
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2018

Hi Hector, thanks for the fast reply. How do I tell what network the other speakers are on? I've had the speakers for over a year and don't recall. I have both 2g and 5g networks with separate names in my house.

Hector_B

Hi Gkilwein, 

Thanks for posting and the fast reply. 

Are all speakers connected to either the 2G or the 5G network? You can see which network the devices are set onto each product via Settings > Technical information and you should be able to see there. 

If the issue still persists I have seen some users fix this issue by doing a Manual Update on the speaker. 

Please let me know if this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gkilwein
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 4, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by gkilwein

Thank you for your response. I was able to perform a software update with a USB cable and now they are all working. I had tried it earlier but must have had a bad cable, because a new cable allowed me to update, after which setup for the speakers was fast and easy.

View solution in original post

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello gkilwein,

We are glad to hear that your issue is resolved, should you need anything else please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C