Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 13, 2015

SoundTouch 10 IP addresses

Does anyone know if it will it be possible to ever set the SoundTouch 10 with a fixed (non dhcp allocated) IP address. On a large network of various machines with various OS then DHCP can be a pain at times and so everything on my network is given a fixed ip.
I simply haven't got the time during the day to hang on a phone line and ask BOSE technical and they haven't (or don't appear to have) a technical enquiries email address.
Thanks
Dale
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 4, 2015

Re: SoundTouch 10 IP addresses

Even though I can't answer the specifics about the soundtouch 10 as I don't own one, I've gotten around the static IP situation with other units by assigning static reservations on the DHCP server which works just the same only gives me more control of the setip - either your server or your router which assignes dynamic IP addresses would have that capability.
All you would need is the MAC address (which is the network adapter - wireless or ethernet identifier) of your unit.  You can find out the MAC address of your soundtouch by going into the app, selecting about-->systems-->your soundtouch 10.  The MAC address is of the form: xy:xy:xy:xy:xy - once you have that, find your router static IP reservation section, add the Mac address and static IP you want assigned and either reboot your router or wait a day or so for the dynamic IP to expire.  Once so, the router will give your soundtouch the static address you assigned it with.
Hope this helps,
Avi

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 13, 2015

Re: SoundTouch 10 IP addresses

Thanks for that Avi.
I had completely forgotten the most obvious way to do it !
Doh!
Now added my SoundTouch 10 data into my router reserved IP set up so all should be good. .
Thanks for that.
Dale