Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pairing - Speaking and TV Lag

It just baffles me that a company like Bose can overlook a feature such as this, being a key selling point for their equipment.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2017

This problem has been resolved on the revolve line of products. WHY is it such an issue with the SoundTouch. I’m so disappointed. Had the system in place for a while using the tv and sending music via phones etc. Just brought a mixing desk and wanted to use the speakers for mixing. There is no logical reason for the delay. Many other products on the market manage it. Please sort this update to fix the problem 😡
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

this is totally unacceptable ive just purchased my second sound touch 10 from currys as i had seen the stereo feature and  thought it would have worked perfect. well  to my amazment ive pluged the second sound touch 10 in paired it as a stereo  and wow what a major disapoinment  theres around a 4 second lag when connected by aux and bluetooth and makes watchin youtube ,movies or listing to music impossible i will be taking these back tommorow as these are usless i will stay well away from bose in future. stick to sonos they actually listen to the feedback from there users.

you would have thought if it was a limitation of hardware they would have made something to fix this and issued free of charge to the customers who have been dissapionted,ripped off.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much what happened to me. Apart from being told in store at Bose “they’ll definitely be issuing a fix in the next few weeks”.
I had 1x Sonos bar, 1 x sub before, I then jumped to Bose and instantly regretted it.
I’ve gone for it now, Bar & sub, 3 x play 1’s truly awesome sound. Never glitches and in the 3 weeks I’ve owned it it’s had 3 fairly chunky updates. It even has a sleep timer, and now a snooze function on the alarm.
Bose doesn’t come anywhere near.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

I just bought the SoundTouch 10 pair and want to use it for video sound on my PC. Much to my dismay, there is this big lag of several seconds between the video and the sound in bluetooth paired mode. I will be taking these back to the store this week. What a disapointment.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Thanks, I wam sorry it didn't work out. I took mine back and replaced with a Pioneer system, just about to replace it all again actually, looked at Bose new products but to worried about this. It appears the hardware just can't support it or it would have been fixed. They should maybe just drop the claim that they can support paly through multiple speakers at the same time, or get it working. Made for a strange Chritmas day speech!

Thanks
Paulm888
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all, 

Many apologies that you're experiencing this. As Brandon mentioned earlier in the thread, this is unlikely to change. If it does, we'll update the community. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

I did the following. Separate the speakers. Connect a stereo to 2 mono cable (stereo is split to a mono left and right channel). The stereo connector connects to TV/PC/MAC. The 2 mono connectors are connected to the speakers AUX ports. Red for right, and white for left. Volume controls are separate, but once balanced, I use the TV's volume control to control both simultaneously. Hear the TV in stereo, And be sure to use the AUX port setting on your software for both speakers and remember that they need to be separated, not stereo pair.  Perfect. To test on a PC, Win7, then use Sound and do a TEST. Works well. If you need to use a speaker outside for a party, take one speaker with you. If you need to use speakers in stereo for a party, disconnect from TV, take outside and join the speakers and listen to your music or station. When you take them back inside for the TV, separate speakers, and join as described above.

Not sure if you can do this with separate bluetooth channels. I will try this and let you know if any success.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

For anyone working at Bose: is there or isn’t there a fix for this issue in the pipeline?? I have recently bought a 2nd SoundTouch10 and I am appalled with this bug! I still have time to return so I need an answer ASAP please. If, like someone here mentioned, you have fixed the issue for your revolve speakers, why can’t you fix it for this? Bear in mind that if this isn’t fixed, I will return the 2nd speaker, sell the 1st and that will be the end of my (and all my friends and family’s) relationship with Bose. I await your prompt response. Thanks.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Bangali,

Thanks for the question.  I don't know if there is a resolution for this in the near future.  If there is, we will make sure to update the community with a stickied thread,

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support