Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pairing - Speaking and TV Lag

In the end I took the speakers back and bought a Panasonic mega speaker. The delay is too much, even when using volume control.

Never mind.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

BIG QUESTION - is this something Bose can fix or not.  I have the paired unit and it sounds but i really need it to work with my tv as well so do I need to return this system and get a SONOS setup instead.  #bose

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Hi, I imagine if you wait long enough Bose will hopefully deliver a fix/compromise, I am sure Bose will release a comment soon as more and more people noticing the issue, however I couldn't wait. It is not something that you can ignore when linked to TV. Thanks.
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

The problem is it may not be a simple coding fix in the software as sometimes it is hardware related also so anyone with a current version may never get a fix.

I write software for a living and canoot see how a company of this stature can launch a setup with this many flaws.   This isn't cheap kit and something like this damages a reputation.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Totally agree, I have a few idea's, although there is a possibility that someome has coded a delay in that is just too long. However you would have expected Bose to have tested it all out. I noticed that my speakers immediately performed a software update when I connected them to the net.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

Both my speakers also performed updates when i first set them up as well.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

To be quite honest, I don't want to have to fix problems or think of ways to resolve them. This is why I buy what I think will be a solid product and certainly when my customers come to me they epect a fully functional system or solution.  It is not up to a customer to become your beta test team - if that is the case then we should all receive a payment for such a service.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Hi,
Solved the issue for video playback from a mac or a pc: use software like VLC where you can manually define a sound desynchronisation time. I put 3.5sec and images of the movie is sync with the 2 SoundTouch.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

I am experieincing the same speech lag with a ST 10 Stereo Pair, paired with Apple TV 4.  Was so excited with music through the stereo pair, I didn't think to test Bluetooth pairing until needed.  With the ATV 4, I need both Bose, please fix and please communicate with your community!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

There is a temporary fix. I use the pair in the kitchen and this is great for stereo on radio/spotify etc but there is a significant lag for watching TV on a tablet. So when using the system for TV, I seperate the stereo pair and just use one of the speakers and when I go back to radio/spotify, reconnect them. To seperate (in the Soundtouch app): Settings/SpeakerSettings/[highlight the stereo pair]/Seperate Stereo Pair/Continue Then go into bluetooth and connect the single speaker you want to use To reconnect: Settings/Speaker Settings/[select one of the speakers you wish to pair]/Create Stereo Pair/Continue/[select left and right as per screen menu] It would be good if Bose could create a permanent fix, because this temporary fix negates the whole idea of a seemless system for radio, streaming and video without needing to use the app to reset the system.