Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pairing - Speaking and TV Lag

I'm so disappointed about this: I bought two speaker to use them exactly the same way you described—and pair them to a FireTv or an AppleTV.

I'm assuming this issue affects ALL Bose Wireless speakers (including the latest Revolve+). If anybody has a different experience or can recommend a pair of speaker would be great, as I'm returning these two first thing tomorrow morning. 

Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

Yep, me too bought a pair as a set so they're supposed to work together
and really unhappy with thes bl**dy speakers

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2017

Using vlc to "fix" sync is not a solution. It's a work around.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

After all this time and still no solution to this problem. I love the sound from these speakers but for the oney they cost this should have been resolved by now. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 24, 2017

Still a problem, and it seems to be getting worse. Please fix these latency issuses, Bose!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi JUSTSWB,

Thanks for the post.  This latency is unlikely to be removed, as re-encoding, processing, sending, and syncing the audio between the two speakers causes a slight delay.  I'll put in a request to engineering to see if this can be minimized, but this most likely is not possible.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

This is really poor. I bought a soundtouch 300 & 2 x soundtouch 10’s having had the sales guy at Bose Trafford, Faz, assure me there will be a patch / update released to cure this and allow the 10’s to work similar to surround sound.

I’ve read enough here now to understand I’ve been complete mis sold on this entire set up its a lemon, and I’ll be taking the lot back.

Shame on you Bose.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 2, 2017

Are you (Bose) working on a product to rival the Sonos system for functionality? It sounds like it needs redesigning from the ground up!
I have half a dozen ST speakers, that I have kept a hold of, hoping for a software update to bring the same functions as rival systems. Bose’s ‘Tight lipped’ approach of the progress of features being developed is frustrating to the end user. Tell us what can, and cannot be done, and how close features are! Tell us what the ‘engineering department’ say when you forward on suggestions!
The whole system is flawed by the delay in rebroadcasting. If Sonos can do it, why can’t you?
With regards to the ST300, as a workaround, can the firmware/software be tweeked to add a delay to the video when using the HDMI input, so that the multiroom repeated audio is in sync? I would imagine that this feature, if at all possible, would take your ‘engineering team’ years (no exaggeration) to accomplish. It wouldn’t work in all situations (i.e. gaming), but it would for general TV viewing.
Above all, do some research into which features the consumers would like to see, before designing the product! You have a website to gather all of the info you need - use it!
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Further to this - delivered the whole lot last night to T / Centre Bose. 

Strange thing is - they didn't even question me when i told them that faults. Money back job done. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

This is hugely disappointing to hear. My wife purchased the system based on the information supplied by one of your representatives at the time whereby it was clearly stated dual speakers could be used with a TV. 

I do like the speakers and love the quality they provide but feel as though we were definitely mislead in their suitability for use as a TV sound system.