Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pairing - Speaking and TV Lag

My wife bought as a pair of Soundtouch 10 speakers which arrived with us yesterday and although we have only played around with them briefly so far we are very pleased with the performance of the speakers for music and love the internet radio facility. But we do have a couple of queries as outlined below:-

1) There seems to be a small amount of lag which although not noticeable with music can be heard when listening to the radio where any talking is involved. Is there any solution to this?

2) My wife had thought that we could use this setup for the TV as well as for music and although I have managed to connect it to our TV succesfully via bluetooth there is very bad lag between the video and audio... I am talking 2+ seconds of lag so very bad indeed.

If I unpair the speakers the lag from the TV disappears completely so I assume it's related to the wireless conection between the two speakers. Is this something that is a known issue and is there any possible solution.

Many thanks

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pairing - Speaking and TV Lag

Hi Hammerpgh,

Thank you for your inquiry.

1: Do you mean lag between the two SoundTouch 10's set in Stereo Pair?

2: When Stereo Pair is active, Bluetooth on the one speaker receives the audio, re-encodes it, sends it over to the 2nd speaker via Wi-Fi, then they have to match timing as well so they can be in sync.  The time it takes to process all of this would explain the heavy delay you're experiencing.  

I don't believe there is a possible solution for the Stereo Pairing lag, but I'll certainly open a ticket and see what the developers have to say about it.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

I'm am experiencing this same issue when using my new SoundTouch 10 speakers in stereo pairing.  I would really like to be able to listen to sound in stereo when watching video. Please fix. Thanks.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Hi

I have had a simular problem after hours waiting to speak to people on the phone a a few short phone calls I basically told bose I would return 3 items that I had owned less than 30 days and I was offered an exchange on the newest products I had purchased and all items would recieve an extra 30 days trial no one could tell me what was wrong but when I said that I was going to return they and get my money back they offered the exchange as no one could sort the problem. The new items were set up in seconds and there is no lag. every thing has been fine with the operation but trying to use it now is a nightmare with the new app.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Hi there, yes I just spent 4 hours thinking this must be my Samsung TV that is causing the lip sync lag. Eventually I worked it out, after sperating the Stereo pair, I realised that it is thwe Bose SoundTouch 10 speakera being connected. I was really excited, but now dissapointed. I understand the development issues, with sending the data across bluetooth and time for the data to sync, however why not allow it to work over wi-fi, local network. Add that to the app, maybe?

I really hope the developers can fix this issue, it is a big negative.

Thanks
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2016

I'm also very dissapointed ... I've bought 2 soundtouch 10 speakers and I try to connect them to my tv but with the same problem as discribed. To the dev team : if you can't solve this problem : please give us at least a alternative... I love the sound but the connection with the television is so important that I doubt to return them. A solution for me can be trough the aux input. I can give the 2 speakers the left and right signal from the stereo seperate. Now it's not possible to work trough the aux when the speakers are paired. Please, it can't be that difficult to change this... 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

It's not just TVs. I'm having the same issue with a Stereo Pair of SoundTouch 10 speakers on a Windows 10 PC.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

Can i ask as i have not yet tried setting mine up. I have a samsung tablet and want to use bluetooth to send music to one speaker.   Then I'd like to pair the other one.

I don't have a wireless network in the room so will this work.

Does the first speaker receive the bluetooth signal then bounce it over to the other one.  Is this why you're all talking about a lag?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Basically yes, the lag is down to the speakers syncing sound. It lags on music and video, obviously less noticeable on music.

Not good at all.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Yes, the lag exists whenever the speakers are joined together. Less noticeable with music as not watching, but it is very annoying. I hope they fix it fast.