Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 15, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pairing

My usage scenario:

I have 2 SoundTouch 10 in the living room. I want to use them cabled for tv stereo sound as well as bluetooth stereo playback.

The upside is that this actuall works great. Well except for a couple of snags.

But first - to get cabled/aux stereo,  I have two RCA - 1/8" mini jack cables, with just the red plug to one ST and the white plug to the other. Works a real charm.

I can understand and agree with the usefulness of having aux to one speaker be played in stereo - however I like being cabled for tv as it removes latency issues.

Now the snags - a big one is that when stereo paired, I cant play AUX at all. Which means I need to create and remove pairing when switching between these modes. So I would be happy with just the possibility to play todays regular aux input even whe stereo-paired.

Second issue is that steeo pairing is a hit and miss affair. Some days it works like a charm, and other days I get "unable to create pair" after clicking past naming the pair. Very frustrating.

I see potential here - a few more tweaks and they will be awesome. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Molokaihex,

Thank you for sharing your setup with us.  It is extremely important for us to know how our customers are using their SoundTouch systems.  To address the first issue, the SoundTouch 10 systems can be set up in a stereo pair while using streamed sources only (Pandora, Spotify, Music Library, etc).  However, your application of the RCA cables is a great solution.  In regards to the 'unable to create pair' message,  the only situations that I have seen this occur is when the 2 systems are having a little difficulty communicating with each other.  This is usually caused by interference or low signal.  Please make sure the SoundTouch systems are within range of the router.  If possible try to limit the amount of other WIFI devices around the speakers.  Keepping other WIFI more than 3 ft away will usually increase the reliability of the speakers.  If you haven't done so yet, reset all devices involved (SoundTouch 10 speakers, router, range extenders/repeaters) by unplugging them from power for one minute.

Thank You.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 20, 2017

Hi There,

Two Qs; I have the Bose ST 10 with stereo set up via the app and sound is good but sometimes they cut out, I think because they are either far from the wifi router or my wifi is too slow? I would therefore like to sync them up with an aux to make sure that doesn't happen and was wondering how to do that. Would the 3.5mm stereo to double RCA cable work as suggested above? Would that keep them L + R? I don't mind if they become one big mono as long as sound doesn't cut out.

Also, for my music I am lacking a bit of the very low end bass and was wondering if there was a way I could implement a subwoofer into the setup either via a bose soundtouch one along with the app? Or just a seperate subwoofer that I could then some how pair up via cables.

Clearly, I am not very experienced with the whole sound thing but any advice would be great,

Thanks.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi CharlesSmithhhh, 

Welcome to the community! The way to check the signal strength going to the ST10s is located HERE. If they are registering as "poor" or "fair" that certainly could be the cause. The most common causes of low signal are range (systems located too far from the router) or interference.  If your router is located very close to other electronics, please try to separate it a bit if possible. Also, logging into your router, setting a static channel and disabling the WMM settings can also help. Do you know if you are connected to your routers 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band? If interference may be the culprit, either try to connect to the 5 GHz band or unplug any nearby devices that communicate on 2.4 GHz. 

The real challenge with trying to physically split an AUX signal is that the input on the 10s is designed for a stereo signal. Most cables would split the signal L and R therefore each system would only get half of its intended source content and the sound quality would suffer. As far as bass, there isn't a way to integrate a dedicated subwoofer for these but we do have a bass adjustment setting in the app. If you go to settings while the 10s are selected you should see an option to adjust the bass there. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Thank you 

Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

I have an issue which the shop assistant I bought the soudtouch 10's from is sure that it is possible. I have bought two soundtouch 10's which work perfect. I have a turntable (Lenco L-90) with a pre-amp that I have connected to de AUX of one of the boxes. Now I want that box to stream the music wireless to the other soundtouch, but I can't seem to figure out how. I don't really see the problem since when using bluetooth or wifi the boxes sync the music perfect, so why not when using AUX? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 30, 2017

Definitely 2nd this request, particularly for us Apple/mac users, as Apple Music availability through wireless interconnect is not available for these speakers and the connection to a large computer music library takes FOREVER to load using the Bose app.  Also, some of us are the victim of atrocious internet connectivity.  Finally, direct connection to a speaker pair vastly enhances sound quality and permits the use of an equalizer to tweak sound for different types of music or the different sound preferences of individuals.  Consequently, without this functionality it's hard for me to justify the price premium for the Bose product.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi danielleiden,

Thanks for the question!  AUX rebroadcast will be available in a future software update, though I don't know if it will be this upcoming update or an update at a later time. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2017

Just to make sure I understand:  It's not the ST10 speakers that were updated to enable stereo pairing, just the ST app s/w.  Correct?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

I have the soundbar 300 + sub and a pair of soundtouch 10's.

It should be nice if these all can pair. Then it would be possible to use my tv as a source (connected with ARC). And I can Connect my Marley turntable to One of the soundtouch 10's with AUX in

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2017

I don't think this is going to be available as one speaker would have to stream the data of one channel to the other speaker. Your best bet would be to buy an 8mm stereo splitter cable and then you can connect your aux to one end and connect each of the output 8mm cables to the speakers and set both to AUX. That should work.