Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 4, 2017

Re: SoundTouch 10 Stereo Pairing

Thanks for your replay. I Will try another thing. With Bluetooth it is possible te sync the speakers. I orderded a Bluetooth transmitter to send the Bluetooth signaal to one of the speakers and pair another one. That should be work and it is a wireless solution
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2017

Another +1 for pairing with aux. Want to use headphone out on tv and aux in. Works great when there is not a pair...
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 3, 2017

I'd like to second the required update so two speakers can be linked and play through AUX, just purchased two Soundtouch 10s to play throughout a business reception, pretty upset to discover this function isn't available.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Hello!

I have this case:

Living room and two bose soundtouch 10 with great signal.

Every time I set a Stereo Pair both speakers stop working.

Every time I set a Group, the firt speaker keeps playing and the second one does not work.

Can you help me to figure out what is wrong? Maybe the recent update?

I'v tested with SoungTouch app from MacOS and SoundTouch app from IOS.

Video: http://i.israh.es/test.mp4

Both speakers works great only on individual mode. Weird ha? Please help!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 14, 2017

Hi israhes

Interesting. I have a similar setup like yours but have not faced any issues thus far even after recent software update. Unlike you, my signal strength is fair to good. Can you check your network speed? Even though signal strength might be excellent but if the network speed itself is not fantastic then you might run into the problems similar to yours. Last time when I had this issue, I power cycled my router and it worked all fine since then. Just for the info, I have 1 GBPS fibre network at home. My systems are connected through 2.4 GHZ wireless with an average speed of 10 MB per second in the location of the speakers. I have a spotify premium with the music quality set to the best in Soundtouch app.

Cheers!

Deep  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Hi @deepanker100
Sorry the delay on my answer.

I power cycled all devices as you suggested and now everything is working properly.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

I have not been able to pair the Bose sound touch 10 speakers for stereo mode. After opening the application, selecting the speaker, selecting the gear and responding to the window where it says create stereo pair -  I just go into a loop. There is an error message that states I have to add another speaker, need at least two available sound touch 10 speakers to enjoy stereo mode. There is a small picture showing two speakers, one of which has a?. The only two options are to push okay or X,  either one of which loops back to where I began.   Anybody have a suggestion on what I am missing?  I tried unplugging the first speaker and unsuccessfully tried to register the second speaker with application and Wi-Fi. Perhaps that is the problem?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi jrlncal, 

I'm sorry to hear that. If the seconds speaker is unable to connect to Wi-Fi and can't be discovered in the app, that is definitely the issue. Please try the steps mentioned in the article HERE to see if they help in getting the second system on your network. Let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 3, 2018

Hi I have a couple of question in connection to this thread. 

When we had one soundtouch10 speaker to listen to music etc, I was also using the AUX IN to listen to the sound on the TV (the tv speakers are terrible).The audio and visual synced perfectly but understandably the sound was a bit one-sided. 

Now we have a stereo pair that sound great together.

Surprisingly, as I had understood this would not work, when I turned on the TV the AUX IN into one speaker worked to transmit the sound from the TV to both speakers! (Good news for AUX IN!)  However, there is a significant time delay between visual and audio so the sound doesn't sync with the picture on the screen so guess for the TV it's not the best option.

I tried disconnecting the power to one speaker, but the other speaker would not work as it kept looking for its other half. Does that mean I would have to disconnect the stereo pair every time I want to use one speaker via AUX IN as a stand-alone speaker? Or is there another way I could use the AUX IN option to sync the sound and image?

Many thanks, tamara

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi tamara,

Thanks for the post.  In order to use the one speaker for AUX in from your television you will have to undo the stereo pair from within the SoundTouch app.  I will, however, put in a request to the software team to see if this is something that can be changed via an update.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support